Possibly getting a G6, but...

As I mentioned in my "test drive review", I'm working to get my G6 approved now. However, my sister is the only barrier left. She insist that I need to work out the effective interest rates on my payments. I remember I did this stuff back in my engineering economics course, but that was like 2 years ago. Anyone help me out on this?

I remember I did this stuff back in my engineering economics course, but that was like 2 years ago. Anyone help me out on this?

[post="39364"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

boy was that class a waste of time. All I learned was... invest small amounts in "today dollars" and get large amounts of "future dollars" when I retire. I have no idea what an effective interest rate is!

Oh yeah, she's trying to get me to buy a Japanese BTW. She insist that the resale value will be low.

[post="39412"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Tell her you don't give a damn, and you are going for the G6 because your heart desires it and not because your wallet will thank you in 5 years :)

Sounds like she regards a car like a toaster. Sometimes the car is all the matters, not what you get out of it in dollars and cents. Let me put it this way that no classroom can simplify. Any car purchase is a bad investment. You can be 'smart' and buy something that's considered a 'belly-button' automobile for everyone that is camouflage among the sheeple; or, you can 'live-a-little' and buy something that's considered satisfying to look at, drive, and own. In the end, it's only money.

Well... yeah, that's sort of the problem. She tries to take over everybody's finances in the house. It's like the car as a matter of fact is coming out of my pocket (well, to a certain extent, my dad makes a bit of the payments till I graduate). And she's still making a fuss over it. She ain't no car enthusiast... I just need to explain to her in her terms.

Buy my Solstice to attract more women... Buy my Solstice to attract more women.. Buy my Solstice to get laid by mentioned women.. Move on to the 2nd woman I've attracted as mentioned and get laid by her.. All joking aside...do what YOU want to do man. That's all you can do is make yourself happy and not other people. It's your life, live it as you chose.

Sounds like she regards a car like a toaster.

Sometimes the car is all the matters, not what you get out of it in dollars and cents.

Let me put it this way that no classroom can simplify.  Any car purchase is a bad investment.  You can be 'smart' and buy something that's considered a 'belly-button' automobile for everyone that is camouflage among the sheeple; or, you can 'live-a-little' and buy something that's considered satisfying to look at, drive, and own.

In the end, it's only money.

[post="39475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well put

OK, problem here. Got this e-mail from the salelady: I already find out that 02 cavalier is not eligible for GM "2005 Fall Early Lease Termination Program" .under this program GMCL will arrange for the waiver of lease payments not yet due up to 3 payments,not all the due payments. you still have 10 payments,I can try waiver 3 payments and give you $1000 certificate (=3 payments),plus you are eligible for student program(=2 payments),if you can take care 2 payments so it's not too far.i will try my best help you get the G6. I guess my plan is: If I manage to knock at least 600 bucks more off the selling price, I'll go for it. Generally what's the best strategy to lower the selling price?

No, it just appeared too good to be true. Details always seem to dull the glow of excitement into cold, hard reality. In the past, I came within 5 minutes short of buying a car I was searching months for (wanted particular options and body color). It was eight hours away and they required a deposit on my credit card to hold it until I got there. I had to call them back because my wallet was in my car. When I called back, the salesman told me that it was on a test drive during the time I last spoke to him, and the person bought it right then while I was getting my wallet...so there I was, credit card in hand and five minutes short of having the car I was waiting for.

Well, I'm going to discuss the exact details with the dealer this weekend. It appears that her written English is horrible, and speaking through e-mail just caused more problems. Since I got some support from my parents now, it COULD still be a go, if I can knock enough off the price. Mine's not on the lot anyways, it'll have to be special ordered. It's sort of a wierd combo.

Generally for me what always works when buying a new car to get the price down a little bit is to get qoutes from other dealers, or just flat out lie and say: Such and such can get me this car for 500 less, I'd rather buy from you as such and such is further away but thats a better price. Its worked for me both times I bought a new vehicle. Both times though, I had qoutes from other dealers though with some lower prices and the dealer that I was wheeling and dealing with dropped their asking price. Competition is a good thing. Thats my only tip I got and its worked for me both times. Course it doesnt always work I would imagine.

BTW get what YOU want for YOUR car. People fussed at me for buying my S-10 Xtreme two years ago and they said "Why didn't you get a Toyota Tacoma, or a Nissan Frontier?" My response was that I wanted to buy what I wanted to drive, and my 91 S-10 was the best damned vehicle I ever owned and I wanted another S-10. Also I liked what the S-10 had over the others and I just like S-10's. If you are putting your money down for a big purchase such as a car, or home, or whatever, dont let anyone tell you what you should buy because its what they want. Buy what will make you happy, to hell what everyone else wants in YOUR CAR. Plus, a G6 is a damn sexy and good looking car. :CG_all: Edited by Brandon Lutz