Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

1966 Pontiac Grand Prix Pickup

18 posts in this topic

Come on GM, give us the G8 ST!

Those taillights look like Pontiac wagon units to me... not Ford, maybe I'm wrong, I'd like to see some Pontiac wagon photos to confirm or deny.

Come on GM, give us the G8 ST!

Those taillights look like Pontiac wagon units to me... not Ford, maybe I'm wrong, I'd like to see some Pontiac wagon photos to confirm or deny.

pontiaccwagaongv4.jpg

Thanks for posting this article, HE- glad for the opportunity to copy it to my digital library. Sharp looker in GP guise.

Hmmm... this taillight thing has me hooked now... I checked photos of Ranchero taillights, they don't match any year up to 1966... I wonder... :scratchchin: could these be Holden Ute taillights? If so, WOW, too cool of an historical parellel.

The delta shape and vertical ribs made me think Pontiac... but IIRC, Pontiacs had small, round backup lamps in the bumper around this time... if anyone can find Holden Ute rear end photos of this vintage, please post.

Blu, now you got me crazy about those tailights....I'm sure I've seen them before. At first they seem vaguely Chevy. I've looked all over to find them, nothing yet.

They're VERY similar to Vega Kammback wagon taillights... but the Vega didn't come out until 1971...

I know, I was looking at a Ute gallery and saw those... but '66 was the only rear end view I could find. I am not sure what other years looked like. Perhaps they were one-off taillamps, made esp for this project. I'm nackered 'til I know.

There's at least 1 page missing from the 'GP Express' article, between the last & 2nd-2-last posted.

-- -- -- -- --

Another such creation, ironically in the same color scheme :

camino_lemans1.jpg

LINKY-POO

I can understand the explaination for this 2nd (actually- the 3rd: '59, '66, '68) 'El Pontiac', but any similar marketing reasoning for the GP Express specifically escapes me at the moment.

I know, I was looking at a Ute gallery and saw those... but '66 was the only rear end view I could find. I am not sure what other years looked like. Perhaps they were one-off taillamps, made esp for this project. I'm nackered 'til I know.

Blu, when I took a closer look at the '66 Pontiac wagon's tailights, they are very similar, just that the backup lights are incorporated in them instead of below bumper.

ponstation66ka0.jpg

Edited by HarleyEarl

HE- do you by chance have the missing page of this article ? After the 2nd-to-last page....

HE- do you by chance have the missing page of this article ? After the 2nd-to-last page....

I apologize, I didn't have those in proper order, I edited it, does it make more sense now?

And, regarding your current sig....just take a look at the Pontiac vs the hideous stuff in the background. What a sorry state car design has been in.

Edited by HarleyEarl

>>"I didn't have those in proper order, I edited it, does it make more sense now?"<<

Thanks- just didn't want to be missing a page.

>>"What a sorry state car design has been in."<<

Like you have to tell me. :wink:

Even sorrier- little did we know it ended somewhere in the 1980s...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room