Windows 7 Beta 1

Charger4U

Anyone else download the beta? Its cool and fast, i like it. Its like Vista done right.

Here is the download link its only available for the first 2.5 million people, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx

btw the download doesnt work on Firefox or Safari, you have to use IE.

Edited by Charger4U

I hear it has much promise... but planning on making a new pc prolly in Q2 this year. so i'll wait and see. hopefully it will actually be a solid OS when it's launched unlike ME, XP was pretty good but the service packs have helped alot, and vista was ok, but seems to have tried many new things too soon.

thinking an AM3 system is in my future, mainly cause pga775 is done, and I7 systems will prolly still be as expensive or more than AM3s when they come out.

I'd like to try it out, but I don't want to repartition anything, so I'll likely be watching on the sidelines. :(

thinking an AM3 system is in my future, mainly cause pga775 is done, and I7 systems will prolly still be as expensive or more than AM3s when they come out.

I'm gonna be making a fragbox around the same time, and I'm still caught between i7 and Socket AM3, although I'm a little put off by the numbers of the latest PhenomII, at least in comparison to i7.

I'd like to try it out, but I don't want to repartition anything, so I'll likely be watching on the sidelines. :(

I'm gonna be making a fragbox around the same time, and I'm still caught between i7 and Socket AM3, although I'm a little put off by the numbers of the latest PhenomII, at least in comparison to i7.

sidelines, me too.

i think the promise of i7 is that intel should be going 32nm at the end of the year or early next. the i7's supposedly have a similar tlb bug the first phenoms had....which is kinda funny.

I hear it has much promise... but planning on making a new pc prolly in Q2 this year. so i'll wait and see. hopefully it will actually be a solid OS when it's launched unlike ME, XP was pretty good but the service packs have helped alot, and vista was ok, but seems to have tried many new things too soon.

Loki,

I7 is not expensive. You can get the 2.6G cpu for $290 and change. It is the 3.2G which is about a grand. Unless you want the top dog, you are looking at pretty cheap I7 cpus.

old news an iso leaked out awhile ago....

but running x64 in a virtual machine and its decent faster than vista a little less memory intensive. I will mess with it some more and give you my opinion later.

Loki,

I7 is not expensive. You can get the 2.6G cpu for $290 and change. It is the 3.2G which is about a grand. Unless you want the top dog, you are looking at pretty cheap I7 cpus.

i know the low end i7 isn't hella expensive, but the mobo's are, and need more ram sticks if you want to take full advantage of it.... even though some mobo's only have 3 slots, not that 6 gigs isn't enough for most everything.

when Win 7 comes out, i hope i can buy a "student copy" ;) don't mind paying $30 for something like that.

what happened to good old American piracy?

Vista had a Russian 32/64 bit preactivated copy available the same week it came out and it still works after sp1.

6gb is good enough for anything trust me. Even in photoshop or NX3(cad) it would take some crazy big big big big files to use it all.

I'm waiting for more scalable Sli/crossfire.

The Green camps GTX 295 is pretty sweet and beats the Red Camps 4870 x2 but DX11.1 is comming December? So after that its next gen cards again. Ill uprgade from the 8800 ultra then maybe switch to I7 but Until then my quad core 45nm at 3.0 is kicking ass and taking names!!

I completely forgot about student versions of Windows. I can't wait 'til Kettering gets a free copy of Windows 7 out to us!

I think technically Kettering cannot offer you free copy. They must charge you a "nominal" fee otherwise it will be a proprietary violation.

whats your major Nos? casue you have to be CE/CS to get the free versions and normally some department head has to approve of it. other wise for students its like $60-90 a copy.

old news an iso leaked out awhile ago....

Well a leaked ISO with no registration key does a whole lot of good.

Current news......

Well a leaked ISO with no registration key does a whole lot of good.

Current news......

key was included

but you need to learn regedit. no need for keys.

drivers are a bitch....