This is almost worth it

Satty

If it were a '93 Cavalier convertible, I'd be all over it. But its a Chrysler, one with a bad transmission and a motor that smokes and with a duct tape top and a mangled fender. That $200 car is quickly becoming a $2500 car, and for $2500 I could find a far better old convertible.

If it were a '93 Cavalier convertible, I'd be all over it. But its a Chrysler, one with a bad transmission and a motor that smokes and with a duct tape top and a mangled fender. That $200 car is quickly becoming a $2500 car, and for $2500 I could find a far better old convertible.

The motor smokes? Well it s a 3.0 V6 right? Those Mit$h!bishi motors tend to be oil burners...so I guess I'd pass on it too...unless I had a wrecked EEK car with a 2.2 or 2.5 and transmission that were good.

I traded my 1990 GP Sedan LE with only one covered and hardly noticeable spot after and a small dent and 115K for $250.00... My 1992 Deville in the summer of 2005 with 95K and in perfect shape no rust one small crack in the leather (not bad tho) for only $1,500.00 I considered those deals. If that puppy was a TURBO it would be pretty cool actually. My sons friend a year and half ago sold a 1993 Cav Z34 'Vert black on black 3.1 needed a top and some paint work (patching from rust) clean interior and drove great for $750.00 with only 80K!

Edited by gm4life

The downside being if the Cav wasn't rusted out....

theres a guy at work i talk to about cars a lot. he just got a screamin deal on an 86 dodge daytona turbo z. paid $200 for it. doesnt run but has a spare turbo and two spare computers. its in great shape except for a whole punched into the front fender. he's been tinkering with it about a month now. hasnt gotten it going but steals are out there if you know what to look for.

essentially the same.

if all else fails you can get it running and maybe flip it satty. to sell it rather not wreck.

Edited by cletus8269

A cousin of mine had a Lebaron convertible ('89 I think, same style as Satty's ad car but with hidden headlights that failed a few times) as her first car. During the time she had it, she lost I think 4 transmissions, the top motor went out a few times, etc., etc.... it was the biggest POS of any car ever in our family... except maybe for the '73 Vega oil burning machine passed from my aunt to my mom before virtually disappearing in an iron oxide mist.

After the Lebaron, she got a silver blue 240SX hatch, and that thing ran, with a minimum of care, up to 200k miles after being passed on to her mom, who used it as an errand car.

Edited by ocnblu

An ex of mine had two Lebarons in the family - each parent had one. The details on the cars - trim, shape of the top, etc. was terrible. The cars looked like crap quite early on. However the basic mechanicals were amazing - very little service needed. Last I saw one of them it had over 350,000 km on it.