HALP!!!

Okay. So it's no secret that I'm not very Komputir savy.

I used to mess around with software & hardware back

a million years ago when I was in High School & College.

These days though I'd much rather read about how to

install my BMW's 'cartridge struts' or overhaul a Nailhead

364 than anything with a microprocessor.

Trouble is, my retarded cat sat on my laptop's keyboard.

She does ALL the time...

except this time she managed to rotate my screen 90*

on my laptop's primary monitor. I run a two-monitor setup

so I've just been using the other one but I can't replicate

the keystrokes or undo the changed setting.

Windows Help shows nothing under "rotate display"

Anyone got ideas or the solution?

PLZ/THX

Try Cntrl+Tab+Up

If that doesn't work, try the following:

1. If you are able to navigate Windows with the monitor display as it currently is verify that the display settings for the monitor cannot be changed through a display manager or display utility by looking for any icon in the systray related to your video card. For example, NVIDIA's utility may look similar to the icon shown here ().
  2. If a utility is found in your systray that is associated with your video card, right-click this icon and try to locate any rotation settings. In the case of the NVIDIA utility, the user should locate Rotation Settings and be able to select this option to rotate to 0 degrees.
  3. If you are unable to locate any utilities displayed in your systray or any rotation settings, open your display properties by clicking Start, Settings, Control Panel, and double clicking the display icon. Within display properties, check the settings tab for any additional settings or rotation settings that may be able to correct your issue.
  4. Finally, if you are still unable to locate any feature of your display properties that enabled the monitor display to be rotated, we recommend you delete your display adapter in Device Manager and reboot the computer to allow windows to re-initialize your video card. Information about the Device Manager can be found here.
  5. If this does not resolve your issue, we recommend installing the latest video drivers on your computer.

You could just rotate your head 90 degrees when viewing that monitor.. :)

In all seriousness, it should be something you can adjust thru Control Panel->Display settings or the controls on the monitor itself. I've had to go in and tweak the Control Panel resolution, etc settings when I've used a dual-monitor setup before.

Edited by moltar

Hmmm... Well so far I've been unsuccessful.

I've tried the following:

CNTRL + TAB + UP ARROW

CNTRL +SHIFT+ UP ARROW

and about seven dif. combinations of the above & directional arrows.

Damn Gateway... damn cats.... gotta run off to work.

Thanks, and yes I thought worst case I'd do a system restore

but I'd like to learn howto just undo this silly mess manually.

your desktop receives an F for not being cluttered

Naw, it's still cluttered as of that photo. For example there's about 10 or so picture file and 2 zip folders on the desktop (you can see 2 of the files) that I deleted later. Oh and I had to turn off the inactive icon hider to keep the NVIDIA Settings icon in the open.

I like my desktop uncluttered and my wallpapers high resolution and made t o fit the screen. There is nothing that bus me more than a wallpaper that doesn't take up the whole screen, or is stretched to hell to fit. :P:D

Oh boy, whats that Oval Office icon with a picture of bill on it? pics of Monica?

Bleh, my girlfriend installed it...some yahoo game, and played it until she got bored with it...I've just been too lazy to uninstall the stupid game. I think you get to be president and try to try run the country or something. I don't know. :P

Thanks to all, wife decided to override all of my attempts...

So I just completed system restore this AM under her

incessant nagging... er... kind advice. :P