Re-realizing an epiphany.

That epiphany is this: Australia knows how to build a better American car than we do. These videos from Top Gear Australia only prove that point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eHZhsF8hwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjV3EeFrf8

I have to wonder, where are our bold, brazen Chevelles, Impalas, and Novas? Australia has the Commodore and Falcon that openly embrace the American muscle car values that we desired so long ago. Sure, we have the Commodore here as the G8 and it's a great car, but we don't deserve it. The average, stupid, fat, lazy American doesn't understand what a car of the Commodore/G8's magnitude represents. And that brings me to another point: since we don't know how to build our own cars anymore, we've turned to Australia to make them: the G8, the Camaro, and the recent GTO are prime examples of that. What happened to the rule that said that there is no substitute for horsepower and that all of our cars should be immensely powerful and seriously fun to drive? The Ford vs. GM battle still rages as strong and true Down Under as it did in the U.S. in the Sixties.

This country doesn't deserve to be called the United States of America.

Australia does.

I know where I want to live after college.

Edited by YellowJacket894

We've lost our can-do innovative spirit. It's been replaced by a self-loathing, "can't someone else do it" attitude. We've destroyed everything we've built, pissed on the rubble, then built a Wal-Mart on top of it.

I wouldn't mind joining you on that flight if things get much worse.

We've lost our can-do innovative spirit. It's been replaced by a self-loathing, "can't someone else do it" attitude. We've destroyed everything we've built, pissed on the rubble, then built a Wal-Mart on top of it.

Well said.

Amen!

And then people wonder why things they once loved no longer exist ... or are at the brink of extinction....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...MidW Event = 04/04/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Only emptiness remains; it replaces all ... all the pain" ... Martika ... 'Toy Soldiers'