Rivieraranch Drives Lucerne

rivieraranch

During a lull in work this afternoon I was nosing around a Buick Pontiac dealer in West Palm Beach. A CXL V-6 model was in the showroom. It was platinum with a gray interior, six person seating. To tell you the truth it did not look bad for a base model with leather, chrome wheels and driver confidence package. The seating is comfortable and the dash and interior looks a lot cleaner than what I am accustomed to. The body lines are interesting in person. The horizontal body crease just below the belt line flattens out, disppears, around the wheel wells. The creases in the hood flatten out and disappear as they go down toward the grille. I looked at a black Lucerne CXS that was outside. A salesman approached me and was very nice; he offered to take me for a test drive in it. It was as quiet as they are saying it is and it handled very nicely on steering and turns. The V-8 has a nice healthy roar and more than enough pickup. We drove on the back lot to see some others that had just been delivered. They had a CX in sandstone with cloth interior. It did not look bad. The car does look better with the 17" inch wheels in the CXL version. However, the base model has the chrome grille! The CXL and CXS have a black shiny grille.

Do you want one? Are you considering to buy one?

What colors did you like best? What was the cloth fabric like?

[post="46958"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes; Yes;

Red & green (although nobody has a green one yet)

The fabric I saw on the base model in cashmere with cashmere interior was very upscale looking.

On the other Lucernes the vinyl, fabric and leather in the interior and the way it is stitched tightly together shows a lot of attention to detail.

I think anybody who is curious about the car should spend some time at the dealers looking at it.

Saw a dark blue on in CXL 3800 guise for $28990. It was stunning to look at. I was a little peeved though to see body colored mirrors backed by black plastic(why not have them all body colored), trunk hinges that were huge and dipped well into the luggage compartment(why not use the hinge setup from the LaCrosse) and no available leather steering wheel on base CX models. Also was dissapointed to see that the mileage ratings are so poor. 17/25 for the V8 and 19/28 for the 3800 and it's tall 2.86:1 gears. I can see Toyota with it's Avalon commercials making a stink that it's car gets better mileage that Lucernes base weak 3800 and has the power of the optional V8 which gets a whopping 6 mpg less. The Lucerne is so much better to look at though.