I'm sorry guys

I am having trouble letting things go as well. I really wanted to buy a new Solstice for my next new car, but that ain't gonna happen.

I can't really think of what to say right now. A big part of me has been moving on emotionally from GM for a long time, even through I've been a long term owner of a dozen or so GM cars.

To me, GM is bipolar. When they are good and get it right, it's great. Sometimes mind blowingly great. When they get it wrong OTOH...

...and moving on to motorcycles or knitting or baseball or something isn't an option for me I am a car guy. I know in one sense what you feel as I am feeling it also.

Maybe you need to go borrow a 4th gen Firebird and beat the crap out of it on a winding Pennsylvania back road?

Chris

Maybe just take some time off from the Internet and this site. I've thought of doing that for a while...I get too caught up in the Web and the threads here. Time away doing something completely different would be healthy.

Maybe just take some time off from the Internet and this site. I've thought of doing that for a while...I get too caught up in the Web and the threads here. Time away doing something completely different would be healthy.

That's why I resigned as an admin, and I've spent much less time here.

But, this is still my home on the net.

That's kinda what I am doing right now...

Granted, I;m trying to survive in Michigan right now...I lose my job in a few weeks...

Camino, I know how you feel... with all of the negative news surrounding GM, the cancellation of Pontiac, then add in the economy in shambles, my own personal finances in shambles, and the fact that I lose my job on june 24th (and then add in that I had to give up on getting the '87 GP I was looking at for the last year, in addition to the SKY back in Dec '07), I haven't been the happiest person to be around the past several months. On top of that there's the issue regarding my leased car that's up in November - I was hoping to be able to take advantage of a pull-ahead int he summer and get something new, but with no job after June 24th I can't worry about a new car this early (if a pull-ahead offer was given to me). Then there's the worry about finding a new teaching job, or if not teaching, what I am qualified for outside of teaching. Too much to have on one plate. I'm screaming on the inside :mind-blowing:

That's kinda what I am doing right now...

Granted, I;m trying to survive in Michigan right now...I lose my job in a few weeks...

Jesus, First Paulino, then GMC truck guy then you...plus a bunch of people here in Ohio loosing jobs.

Hope things work out okay for you.

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

I just can't forgive GM for this.

As much as we seem to be alike in our "set" ways about what we want in and out of a car, I'm slightly surprised it took you this long. However, as much as I can't seem to "get over" and forgive GM, Ch#$r%*et in particular, I can't seem to see myself buying anything else but ... and have come VERY close lately to buying an '06 Lumina LT coupe, maroon with black cloth interior, sunroof and the standup spoiler.

*shrugs*

I know it's "just a car" and "just a nameplate", but imho, Ch#$r%*et did a number on its enthusiasts, starting with the Toyota Nova/Ch#$r%*et Corolla in the 1980s, followed by the 1995-2007 Celebrity/Lumina "monte carlo" coupe, followed by the 1997 Corsica-replacing "malibu", followed by the 2000-current Celebrity/Lumina "impala" sedan.

And the current climate, along with the dismantling of Oldsmobile and now Pontiac ... is just a bit too much. :(

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight" ... Elton John ... 'Rocket Man'

I've tried.

I've spent some time soul-searching.

And I've tried to let it go.

But. like it or not, I'm still bitter about the loss of Pontiac and the G8 ST.

I just can't forgive GM for this.

Come to BMW, twin kidney grille, RWD, no Bangle, just Börger now, and remember they mimicked Pontiac to a great degree to get where they are today ... :yes:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

The 1 series is hot IMHO, even though a lot of my friends don't like it. Current M3 is a little large and a little too much like a grand touring car than a sports car. E-30M3 was a much better "drivers car", as was the E36M3.

But as for me' I'll take a clown shoe coupe, please.

Coolest little BMW made, IMHO.

Chris

The 1 series is hot IMHO, even though a lot of my friends don't like it. Current M3 is a little large and a little too much like a grand touring car than a sports car. E-30M3 was a much better "drivers car", as was the E36M3.

But as for me' I'll take a clown shoe coupe, please.

Coolest little BMW made, IMHO.

Chris

E36 M3 is one of the best cars ever made which does not have nonsensical technology to give the mojo. Sure the new V8 powered M3 is svelte, but it does not have the "driver must work to get the satisfaction" feel to it. I think the last car standing for the BMW was the E46, the rest now are anonymous.

E36 M3 is one of the best cars ever made which does not have nonsensical technology to give the mojo. Sure the new V8 powered M3 is svelte, but it does not have the "driver must work to get the satisfaction" feel to it. I think the last car standing for the BMW was the E46, the rest now are anonymous.

Hear that, PCS?

Fix it, and then we'll talk. :AH-HA_wink:

BMW seems to be going less cutting edge and more mainstream. The new Z4 is decent, but its more of a hair dressers car and less of a sports car.

The 3 series is allright but nothing to write home about.

BMW IMHO needs to steal a page from the VW/Audi playbook and learn how to be creative and cutting edge again. And then we need to find a time machine and send that playbook page back to Oldsmobile...back in 86 or 97 or 78 or something...

Chris

BMW seems to be going less cutting edge and more mainstream. The new Z4 is decent, but its more of a hair dressers car and less of a sports car.

The 3 series is allright but nothing to write home about.

BMW IMHO needs to steal a page from the VW/Audi playbook and learn how to be creative and cutting edge again. And then we need to find a time machine and send that playbook page back to Oldsmobile...back in 86 or 97 or 78 or something...

Chris

BMW's main theme was simplicity. The cars never had luxury orientation like the Mercs or beauty like the Audis. They were simple, fun to drive and maintain machines. Ever since Bangle came the design and philosophy has lost that central theme. And about 15 years ago were actually cheaper than the other two. BMW's have become so expensive and frankly I think they are not worth it.

The twin turbos are great in the 335i/135i, and I lust that powertrain. Unfortunately there is nothing else I can say about the E9x or the E8x. I wished BMW offered performance parts like GM did where you can actually get the engine and put it in any vehicles you liked. That would have been one great project for my 330i.

Honestly I'm still bitter about the half-assery of the glued in rear windows on the Camaro.

But truth be told the rest of the car, and the fact that its mere existence is such a big F-U

to all those people who told me I was wasting my time writing letters to GM, talking to

every Chevrolet rep. at every car show & posting daisy-cutter sized tirades on several

forums on the net, esp. thi one, about the NEED for a 5th gen. Camaro, esp. a retro one

based on the 1st gen. (esp. the amazing 69)it all adds up to a car that has my name

written all over it.

I was sketching 1-st gen. retro successors to the 4th gen. Camaro & Firebird/TA since

the late 1990s and I certainly believed in the idea with all my heart in an era when most

people violently fought me on it.

PLUS, at the end of the day, as costly and time consuming as it would be, there is the

option of strengthening the c-pillar & floorpan on a 5th gen. while making the rear side

windows roll down, eliminating the B-pillar& therefore making into a hardtop greenhouse

which would make the car the equivalent of the 2nd coming of Christ for me.