Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sunday, June 14th.

I'll be in the Harrisburg/Carlisle area that afternoon, meeting up with someone to sell a part. Is there anything going on that I can make the trip more than just driving down 3 hours, then turning around to drive back another 3 hours. I plan on being there around 6 pm. If nothing else, I'd be willing to meet up with someone in the area.

Well shoot, if you want to meet up, PM me. I'm not sure if there's anything to do except maybe eat somewhere. Do you think you might make it back down for the GM Nats? Plenty to do then.

I'd like to meet up with both of you but we're having an autrocross Sunday and the course will be kinda unique, looking forward to running it.

Would like to meet both of you guys face to face someday.

Chris

PA is a cool state. My daughter is working at a summer camp in Philly this summer.

Philly I think is one of America's most under rated cities. To me, It's just wonderful.

My family spent a really cool partial day at Gettysburg also, want to go back this summmer.

I'll have to keep the Harrisburg thing in mind...thanks for giving me something else to look forward to in PA.

Chris

Well is it possible for the buyer to wait a couple of weeks? I know you'd enjoy Carlisle but I'd hate to see you lose a sale over it. This is what scientists call a "dilemma".

He lives in CT, he's just visiting relatives near Philly for the weekend. We've waited a month, as it is.

Well if you could leave your place a little earlier we could have lunch or something before you meet up w/your customer. I am not familiar with Harrisburg or Carlisle enough to show you around, except to get to the fairgrounds there for the car show. Come back for the GM Nats, a bunch of us are going!

Officially home.

A few notables: An F350 spun out and wrecked a few seconds ahead of me, causing a huge cloud of dust and a clusterf@#k. I saw so many cars for sale... mostly newer ones, including an Acadia. As well, I saw many that were sharing the highways with me. A new Legacy (It's just as ugly in person), a dozen MK3's (I think they're trying to tell me something), a ton of Miatas, an old Triumph, and yet another old Crosley. The final thing to note... I somehow managed to average this on the trip down.

abcobalt.jpg

I wish it would average that more often. I'm usually down in the 28-31 range.

Dude, that is better than I averaged with my "XFE" manual on Memorial Day weekend when I went to Tioga County then turned around and went camping, all of which involved long stretches of highway driving. Either you drive like the original owner of your car, I drive like Mario Andretti, or that's damn good mileage as an average.

Officially home.

A few notables: An F350 spun out and wrecked a few seconds ahead of me, causing a huge cloud of dust and a clusterf@#k. I saw so many cars for sale... mostly newer ones, including an Acadia. As well, I saw many that were sharing the highways with me. A new Legacy (It's just as ugly in person), a dozen MK3's (I think they're trying to tell me something), a ton of Miatas, an old Triumph, and yet another old Crosley. The final thing to note... I somehow managed to average this on the trip down.

I wish it would average that more often. I'm usually down in the 28-31 range.

I used to used to get dead on 37mpg cruising with the rental '07 Malibu 2.2L I had, which was a big reason why we got the new '08 2.4L one. Too bad it's a pig in comparison and doesn't even feel as zippy, despite technically having more gusto.

But otherwise...nice 2.2L numbers. I enjoyed that engine in the 'Bu. Looks like a successful road trip, too.

Dude, that is better than I averaged with my "XFE" manual on Memorial Day weekend when I went to Tioga County then turned around and went camping, all of which involved long stretches of highway driving. Either you drive like the original owner of your car, I drive like Mario Andretti, or that's damn good mileage as an average.

Strangely, the display still read 39.1 upon returning home. That's after going up through the mountains, over the highest point on I-80 this side of the Mississippi... a total of 360 miles overall.