Camaro Availability Finally

Its been a long time for us here North of the Border. The US was hogging all the Camaro allocation and Canadian dealers were left with a slow trickle of availability. Finally my dealership and a few others have unspoken for units and I might actually get the chance to drive one.

First to come:

Black-on-Black 2 SS with the RS package, 20" wheels, cyber grey stripe kit, HID headlights, sunroof and all the glorious standard features of the 2SS model. If it was not for this recession I would consider buying it for myself. My wife might not like it but at least I would be single with a Camaro :-)

We also have a 1LT model coming in unsold which with over 300 HP would blow still blow the doors off my buddy's 4.6 L Mustang GT. Direct Injection Rocks!!!

Once I get a chance to drive these (assuming they dont sell too quick) I will post a very biased review.

Check out the Camaro page on my site <-- Check out the pics

Cheers

Mr. Petz: smart marketing there, sir. I recognize the 2SS photo, wasn't it taken at some sort of "invitation only" shindig GM threw for Camaro owners? The stripes are photoshopped on. It's OK, though.

The Camaros are awesome.

Clete, you know merk-petz is in Canadialand, right? Their money is different up there.

Clete, you know merk-petz is in Canadialand, right? Their money is different up there.

actually... :unsure: no i didnt. on light of new information (from mr blu and the friendly sidebar there) i retract my previous statement, eh :lol:

Edited by cletus8269

"We also have a 1LT model coming in unsold which with over 300 HP would blow still blow the doors off my buddy's 4.6 L Mustang GT. Direct Injection Rocks!!!"

I hardly think so since the GT with the 4.6 is only about .2 seconds of the SS to 60 and .5 through the quarter.

the 3.6 DI gets about 5.9 to 60 in the camaro (best that I was able to find) vs the Gt with the 4.6 getting 4.9.

It's all about power to weight.

The 3.6 DI camaro DOES blow the 4.0 Mustang V6 out of the water but next year the Mustang gets the 24v DOHC 3.7 with between 275 and 300 hp. I expect that mustang to perform better than the v6 camaro as well.

Was out in the Lawrenceville, NJ neck of the woods a little earlier this morning and a beaming young couple (reminded me of my young wife n' I at that age) were taking delivery of their Silver Ice Metallic SS Camaro at Superior Chevrolet on Route 1. The young lady drove off with the biggest smile I've seen in some time, obviously living very much in the moment. The Camaro sounded awesome as it accelerated up the short driveway. Hope they have many safe miles of enjoyment with their new vehicle.