Toyota Automotive Museum

I happened up on this earlier and upon seeing

that they have a several gorgeous &

historically relevant American cars I looked

through the entire collection and almost

became sick to my stomach!

Roosevelt;'s '39 Packard Twin-6 phaeton???

'31 Cadillac V-16???

'29 Duesenberg Model-J??? (misslabeled BTW)

http://www.tilt-rotor.com/2004/JapnTrip/Toyota/TAM.htm

Is there no end to Toyota's desicration?!

For the record there are about 25 cars I'd

KILL to have!

Loved that Vido also, 'blu.

Once I had a guy offer to trade me even up an Airflow in beautiful shape for my 66 Mustang 4 speed fastback.

Still think about that car...love the Airflow....

On another note, saw a 50th anniversary Camry hybrid the other day. Balthazar better get busy...we've got a missing 47 years of Camry hybrid production that no one seems to know about.

Wonder if those "missing" 47 years of Camry are in the Toyota display?

Or maybe Camino will buy 83 Cresida's 83 Cresida and build a hybrid Toyota "phantom" as that phantom he's been wanting to build.

(stang ducks from flying wrench....)

Chris

Yeah they're not innovators, they are mimics.

I disagree 100%. I mean, look at the current Acura lineup. Nothing the Americans or Euros have built in 110 years of car building is remotely that butt ugly.

Chris

On another note, saw a 50th anniversary Camry hybrid the other day. Balthazar better get busy...we've got a missing 47 years of Camry hybrid production that no one seems to know about.

Chris

50th anniversary of what? Must be Toyota in the US. '10 is the 25th anniversary of the Camry, I think.

Rob

I disagree 100%. I mean, look at the current Acura lineup. Nothing the Americans or Euros have built in 110 years of car building is remotely that butt ugly.

Chris

Hmm...I don't know, the 1961 Plymouth, and '62 Dodges and Plymouths, and the '60-62 Valiant are way uglier than any Acura... :)

Rob

A what anniversary Camry? I'm confused. Yeah, maybe Toyota itself has been in the U.S. market for fifty years, but not the Camry. Toyota execs must have access to some potent stuff to think of an extra badge so asinine and misleading.

Then again, given the IQ level of some of the "people" in this country, they'll probably buy into the Camry being a storied, historic nameplate that has been around in this country for fifty years plus, like the Impala or Corvette. Which is exactly what 'Yoter wants. Because, when you boil it down, who outside of a true automotive enthusiast in this country knows what Toyota was selling when it first came here?

That's what I thought.

Can we evacuate the few examples of intelligent life in California out of the state so we could make room for all of the idiots in the rest of the country to move in when it sinks into San Fransisco bay? I'd really like to know if an idiot can swim.

Edited by YellowJacket894

People in the country are SO-f@#kING-STUPID.

I got rear ended by an 88 year old woman, only minor damage. Cop is leaning over my car writing his report.

"...It shows on your registration that your car is silver. What actual color is your car?"

"Silver. Why do you ask?"

"I just have to verify the color."

This as he's leaning on my car writing the report!

Oh, and one of our customers was in an accident...she T-boned an F150 with a Cavalier convertible...she was going about 45 miles per hour. She was little stiff and had a few bruises (the F150 ran a light).

When I asked them why they were getting a Corolla raher than a GM product to replace the Cavi, they said they needed something nice and safe for the family and wouldn't be buying GM.

Amazing.

Chris

People in the country are SO-f@#kING-STUPID.

I got rear ended by an 88 year old woman, only minor damage. Cop is leaning over my car writing his report.

"...It shows on your registration that your car is silver. What actual color is your car?"

"Silver. Why do you ask?"

"I just have to verify the color."

This as he's leaning on my car writing the report!

Oh, and one of our customers was in an accident...she T-boned an F150 with a Cavalier convertible...she was going about 45 miles per hour. She was little stiff and had a few bruises (the F150 ran a light).

When I asked them why they were getting a Corolla raher than a GM product to replace the Cavi, they said they needed something nice and safe for the family and wouldn't be buying GM.

Amazing.

Chris

Tell her that my foster mom succumbed to injuries from an accident when her "safe" 2005 Corolla was T-boned by a school bus. :rolleyes:

Tell her that my foster mom succumbed to injuries from an accident when her "safe" 2005 Corolla was T-boned by a school bus. :rolleyes:

You are assuming that she's thinking with any form of logic...

Chris