New cars at the lots

I went to a couple of dealerships last night to check out new cars for the heck of it.

There were NO 2010 LaCrosses at the B(O)(P) dealership...and it was a fairly large store.

There were NO 2010 Tauruses at the Ford dealership...and it was a very large store.

There were NO base Camaros (within the visible part of the lot) at the Chevy dealership...and it was a very large store.

What's up with this? Has anyone seen any 2010 LaCrosses or Tauruses on the lots? When are they due in?

There were NO 2010 LaCrosses at the B(O)(P) dealership...and it was a fairly large store.

>dealer told me that they are already being shipped, and should be in dealers within the next 2 weeks!

There were NO 2010 Tauruses at the Ford dealership...and it was a very large store.

>sometime in the next month

There were NO base Camaros (within the visible part of the lot) at the Chevy dealership...and it was a very large store.

>depends on the store...all 3 of my local Chevy stores recieved their first Camaros on July 29th...and I live about 1 hour from Oshawa

Does it make a good impression?

Yes. It's huge in person. I parked my car near it and the trunk sticks up probably a good 4-6" above my trunk. The pics released by Ford don't really do it justice; in natural light it looks really good. Fit and finish seemed pretty good too.

Edited by mustang84

all dealers have almost no inventory. and to some degree they planned it this way. when the market turned, they wanted to boost transaction prices. and car and clunkers increased demand artificially.

plant shutdowns were partially to starve dealers so they could bring inventory down and thus, not have to fire sale stuff.

actually on used vehicles, prices are up on the exact same vehicles maybe 10-15% or more over this time last year right before the crash.

It's funny how creative some dealers are getting with parking their dwindling inventories. They may have like 2 cars left, but they are arranged sooo artfully.:lol:

Yes. At the local LAM you've visited, on Saturday my first drive thru in a while was shocking...so little of any inventory left, it looked like a closing dealership. But no. Just a lot of sales and a LOT less orders/deliveries. There's always been 2 "sides" of the lot, and one that used to be decently packed is now literally home to the last 5 G6's and not another anything.

As for new 2010's...

I've checked out Equinox's, a lot of new '10 Malibu's that arrived a little bit ago, and several '10 Enclaves. Other than the Equinox's, for "new" releases, nothing. No new Taurus's, no new Lacrosse's, and the occasional few Camaro's, but no base LS's--although, on the latter, I do know a few dealers further away definitely have a couple of the no option/etc. models.