Sign in to follow this  
daves87rs

I need protection..

Yep, I do.

After reading WK issues, and having a few of my own, I figured it was time to ask....

I'm running AVG and Advance System care right now. Can I do better? Can it be free?

I'm thinking AV and a AS program.....

After the terrific results I had with Avira Antivirus today, I suggest you download it. Also, pick up HijackThis, Ad-Aware, and CCleaner.

All of those programs are free.

Use CCleaner at least once a week. CCleaner will clean your harddrive of tons of useless junk hogging up space and fix registry issues. I believe CCleaner was a big reason as to why I limped along with my virus-ridden PC for so long. It does help improve performance by a lot.

Edited by whiteknight

AVG is a good antivirus program, so you're good there. Avast is excellent as well. I use it on my computer and every computer I've had to clean up for someone. The record so far is over 100 viruses removed from one computer.

Ad-Aware is an excellent anti-spyware program and spybot compliments it nicely. All of the above programs are free.

trojancondoms.jpg

Believe it or not, my nephew's highschool football team is called the Trojans. I believe no sponsorship exists, though. :smilewide:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook