GTO concept? 2007?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive...html?page=2&c=y

Look down the bottom of the page at that GTO. Has anyone ever seen that before? It doesn't seem like a concept because it states that it WILL be made in the US and that Pontiac finally made a proper revival. I think that is probably one of the sickest concepts I have seen for a GTO yet, any thoughts?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive...html?page=2&c=y

Look down the bottom of the page at that GTO.  Has anyone ever seen that before?  It doesn't seem like a concept because it states that it WILL be made in the US and that Pontiac finally made a proper revival.  I think that is probably one of the sickest concepts I have seen for a GTO yet, any thoughts?

[post="63058"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This is an old photo shopped photo from AutoWeek. It has the new styling applied to the old car.

DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT JUDGE THE NEW CAR ON THIS PHOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The real car has similar styling but the proporsions are all wrong in this photo. Early drawings show a car longer, wider and lower and make these styling cue's all work well. Those who claim to have seen the car when the press was shown the car in the preveiw of future GM cars liked what they saw along with the Malibu and CTS. They were shown the cars as long as they would not give details.

This photo when published in Autoweek warned not to jusge the car by this photo.

The roof line is much closer to the G6 coupe style.

One last note this info is based on what was leaked last August so details can and might have changed since. But either way this is not a real car or photo.

GM will do a nicer job of the actual car no doubt. :D This photo has aged very poorly.... at first it looked awsome but now it looks, um... awkward.

Correct.  There are some basic cues from the PM sketch that capture the GTO, G8 or whatever Pontiac has up its sleeve car.  We were shown a very aggressively styled four-door coupe that had ctrong design cues from both the first and second generation GTO's.  I don't think there is enough room in GM's lineup for competing coupes, so this four-door coupe will likely get the nod over a two-door GTO replacement and may also replace the Grand Prix as well. :AH-HA_wink:

[post="66074"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This 4 door coupe will not still be named GTO, right?
Looks like I wont be buying a new GM for a long time. They keep killing the coupes I like. I'll just have to keep saving for a Corvette, or possibly a Sky redline if I can get over the fact thats it's only a 4cyl. I'd rather have a 260hp V8 than a 260hp 4cyl.

That drawing is Butt Fugly.

This came up in a google search. http://images.google.com/images?q=2008++gt...en&lr=&safe=off

It seems a similar theme.

Is that another PM rendering?

Motor Trend?

http://mx.autos.yahoo.com/050524/52/1g10t.html

Take away that God awfull Front end and the rest of the sheet metal reminds of this.

http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images/000/57...d4bec7703db.JPG Edited by Ghost Dog

Correct.  There are some basic cues from the PM sketch that capture the GTO, G8 or whatever Pontiac has up its sleeve car.  We were shown a very aggressively styled four-door coupe that had ctrong design cues from both the first and second generation GTO's.  I don't think there is enough room in GM's lineup for competing coupes, so this four-door coupe will likely get the nod over a two-door GTO replacement and may also replace the Grand Prix as well. :AH-HA_wink:

[post="66074"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Please say it isn't so... Pontiac will try it's hand at a "four door coupe?" I love the idea of a sleek, sexy sedan with a coupe-like greenhouse, like the CLS. It would make a perfect G8 (especially if it's RWD with the right powertrain options to put the 300 in it's place). But I hope they don't actually market it as a coupe. That said, I with they'd make that (the G8), and a true two door GTO replacement.

I don't have a problem when automakers say four-door coupe. To me, that says that there will be compromises for the rear seat in both entry and roominess for the sake of sleek styling. If it weren't so large on the outside, GM probably could have called the existing GP a four-door coupe.

I don't have a problem when automakers say four-door coupe.  To me, that says that there will be compromises for the rear seat in both entry and roominess for the sake of sleek styling.  If it weren't so large on the outside, GM probably could have called the existing GP a four-door coupe.

[post="66675"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Let's just make a 8 passanger funeral coach Deville with an 11" stretch but call it an opera coupe. :rolleyes:

A four "door coupe" is like saying 2+2=2. Doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
I think they definitley need to do something with its design, I mean it's already not selling like they expected and with the addition of the Camaro which people will go crazy over it will be obsolete. They might as well stop producing this car if they don't do something with the design before the Camaro comes out because if someone wanted a sports performance car from GM, let's face it they will pick Camaro over GTO. Nearly the same performance between the two, lower sticker price on the Camaro, and better design on the Camaro.