Hyundai Sonata Breaks Into U.S. Top 10 Charts

Guest Josh

A mid-cycle refresh for the G6 would really do wonders for Pontiac IMO. The exterior would benefit greatly from minor modifications like LED (or at least clear-lense) taillamps and/or a more sculpted front fascia. The interior could use more work, but could be spruced up quite a bit with aluminum accents and a more flowing dash design.

A mid-cycle refresh for the G6 would really do wonders for Pontiac IMO.  The exterior would benefit greatly from minor modifications like LED (or at least clear-lense) taillamps and/or a more sculpted front fascia.  The interior could use more work, but could be spruced up quite a bit with aluminum accents and a more flowing dash design.

[post="64921"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ribbed lower cladding would help a lot.

http://www.finfacts.com/costofliving3.htm

[post="65101"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good find..

Higher the number, the higher the cost of living:

1 TOKYO Japan = 134.7
2 OSAKA Japan = 121.8
3 LONDON UK = 120.3
4 MOSCOW Russia = 119.0
5 SEOUL South Korea = 115.4
6 GENEVA Switzerland = 113.5
7 ZURICH Switzerland = 112.1
8 COPENHAGEN Denmark = 110.0
9 HONG KONG HK = 109.5
10 OSLO Norway = 105.3
11 MILAN Italy = 104.9
12 PARIS France = 102.2
13 NEW YORK CITY US = 100.0

My sister lived in Copenhagen for 4 months, and she agrees that the cost of living there is insane. A meal at a McDonalds costs roughly 11 USD. Edited by empowah

sorry I can bot respond to this thread. I have been giving a verbal warning. I will however go down to the bank and take out my savings........all 2oo dollars worth and send it to some poor Korean. Perhaps it will help them with one of their huge monthly mortgages. I will also make sure the next car I buy is Korean made.....no wait......Japan is 134 (what ever the hell that is), I can see they need my financial support even more than the Koreans............I sure hope that part of the "global" economy doesnt catch up with me. :unsure: :rolleyes: Edited by razoredge

And I feel that Malibu sales are undeservedly high...and that the Hyundai Sonata is getting overlooked (or looked down upon) because of memories of the 1986 Excel.

[post="64644"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm with you there-I'd like to sit in a Sonata, and I am starting to see a fair number of them (and Fusions, but few Milans), but there's no local Hyundai or Mercury dealers-not in or near town anyway. The Malibu sales are definitely undeservedly high-its a mediocre car at best with subpar cargo room, too-short exterior dimensions (especially width and wheelbase), poor equipment to price ratio, and the V-6 either optional or unavailable on models where it used to be standard, and outdated, weak engines at that.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks ! Everyone knows that, step to the back of the line please

Let me ask you a few questions, Ill go cheap and conservative here to avoid any chance of era or exageration, while the reality of the American cost of living is far larger than I will show.

So I take it your trying to tell this idiot that the Koreans are paying 250,000 American dollars for a home......or more

So I take it your telling me, Koreans are spending 1500 per year on auto insurance ?

So I take it your telling me the Koreans are spending 200 + per month to drive to and from work ?

200 a month to heat their homes ?

So I take it your telling me Koreans are spending 2500 + per year on property taxes ?

:unsure:

[post="64891"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You really are an idiot.

Do you even know how expensive it is to live in South Korea? Cost of living in Seoul, South Korea (the capital) is in the top five of the world. New York barely makes the top ten.

I am in the US Army stationed here in Seoul, South Korea. I have a 2 bedroom apartment with one bath and I pay $2500+ montly rent. Edited by ConceptVBS

I had little doubt of Hyundai's ability for success in the Sonata. It would have to take a number of things to make this happen, all of which have a point on either side to argue: Specifically, they would have required: - a good marketing strategy to get out of the shadow of their questionable quality in former years with the likes of the Excel - people willing to believe that there really is reliability to be had in a car that has received some praise for quality You see, you don't necessarily have to consider yourself 'taking a risk' when you buy a car that many say will offer you a good value. To me, you have to know something about the car, like owning it, to justify making nothing but negative comments about it. My wife owns a Korean car, the Chevrolet Optra5 (Suzuki Reno in the U.S.) by way of the Daewoo engineering. There's a lot of relatively negative things that have been said of the car through magazine articles and Consumer Reports findings; however, ours, and many others I know on web-based message boards, have had nothing but trouble-free mileage since buying it new. If there are negative things to say about the car, I haven't experienced them. Should I jump on the bandwagon of articles and start rants about a car I don't own, questioning the reasoning of so many owners as to why they bought a dud of a car? Might I be considered a hypocrit? It's debatable, but pointless to do so. People bought it, and people like it. Some of these people are simply not blinded by perceived truths of the negative opinions, and the confidence in their purchase has offered them a rewarding experience. Sure, the Sonata isn't perfect, but neither is the Camry, or Accord. If people buy it and like it, more power to them...and while we're at it, more power to Hyundai.