Hey, gents, how was your Christmas?

Hey, if I recall, it was late summer when the BIG CRASH occurred. Never thought C&G would continue to exist.

In the interim, I got involved in an evening program in graduate business. I took 6 semester credits (Investments and Estate/Gift Taxation). Both were ball busters, but got an A and a B, respectively (just checked today) while working 50 hours a week and running around to get my mom to finalize her estate plan (in another state, no less).

Also, went to Argentina and Uruguay (where it's summer) during Thanksgiving week instead of going with my mom and brother to a condo in Bend, OR. That was a slam dunk. Where would you have gone? Duh.

Christmas was the 3-dayer to Portland with a day-hop to Seattle.

I was thinking about all of you as all the bad GM press has been hitting the media.

I finally rented a LaCrosse (I will post a review) and post some pix.

HOW WAS YOUR CHRISTMAS? WHAT DID YOU DO?

Holy Crap! You're back! Christmas was good, except I was doing work (research) everyday of my "vacation." How was South America? My sister is going to Rio de Janeiro in a couple weeks, and everyone has been telling her that it's not the best places to be. Nice to see you back on the boards.

BOB!!!! How ya been buddy? Let me guess, the flights to/from. Argentina/Uruguay involved a 747 somehow. hehehehe. My Christmas was OK. None of us fought, and the cookies turned out OK. I ended up spending the 3 day weekend refinishing my bedroom floor after it got damaged from the flood waters that drenched the Northeast in october. It's great to see you back. Go visit the Signature/Avatar test thread to pick up your sig from the old boards :)

Christmas was good..quiet. Spent it with some of my family (mom, sister) and my g/f here in Phoenix. Not a white Christmas..the bad part is that I've been sick since Christmas day...not feeling too great..(nasty cold/sore throat)...just lounging around the pool doing nothing.. No rental car, my sister is shlepping us around in 'Das Boot'--her trusty old Merc S-class. I don't know if I'm sick because I got wet last week in Portland (I was visiting friends there for a few days). Had a Grand Prix rental there... that was a fun trip. Flying out to LA tomorrow to visit friends (and Chrismakkuh w/ my g/f's parents in Redondo Beach), then we are getting some beach time in Pacific Beach, San Diego for New Years weekend then back home to Denver on the 2nd, and back to my American Cube on the 3rd. (don't know what I'll have from Avis at LAX, probably another W)...it's been great taking 2 weeks off, except for being sick..

Holy Crap! You're back!

Christmas was good, except I was doing work (research) everyday of my "vacation." 

How was South America?  My sister is going to Rio de Janeiro in a couple weeks, and everyone has been telling her that it's not the best places to be.

Nice to see you back on the boards.

[post="63953"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I L-O-V-E South America. I only went to 2 places this time (Argentina and Uruguay) because that's where I feel at home, can blend in and feel safe.

I was in Rio last time in 2003 and it is probably the most beautiful city I have ever visited. However, at one time during the four days, I felt like I was being set up or something on the bus from the statue of Christ the Redeemer back to the hotel. I avoided the situation. Rio is not considered safe but one can take precautions.

It's just that I would rather be in European Buenos Aires or on the quiet beaches of Uruguay.

How do you say Merry Christmas in Armenian, BTW?

Santa was good. Xmas at Ground Zero (my sister's place with her four boys!) was interesting, as always. Had a XMas Eve soire at my place, with 3 friends that work at GM. Sobering conversation. One works security at the Oshawa plant. Lotsa stories about people smuggling out parts, copper wire, almost anything. The other two work at the locomotive plant in London. At least these people are aware that making $100k a year to work in a plant is a righteous piece of luck!

BOB!!!! How ya been buddy? Let me guess, the flights to/from. Argentina/Uruguay involved a 747 somehow. hehehehe.

[post="63963"][/post]

Z28 - you are CLAIRVOYANT (sp)!!! Good to be back. I missed the C&G gang.
Posted Image Edited by trinacriabob