2006 Detroit Auto Show: Hummer H3x

Guest Josh

2006 Detroit Auto Show: Hummer H3x

New SEMA inspired Hummer to launch in mid-2006.
DETROIT & Less than a year after the H3 went on sale, HUMMER is unveiling a new model called the H3x. It is based on the H3 Street concept shown at the automotive industries annual Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in November.

The 2007 H3x, designed to appeal to buyers with an interest in a customized appearance, injects new energy into the HUMMER lineup, while delivering the brands trademark iconic bold design and unmatched off-road prowess.

The H3x enables buyers to enjoy the appearance of a personalized, accessorized truck available directly from the factory, said Susan Docherty, HUMMER general manager. Its intended for those who want to make a personal style statement and differentiate themselves from other H3 owners.

The H3x begins with an H3 equipped with the Luxury package, chrome tube steps, chrome appearance package and chrome fuel door. The package also includes a body-color grille and spare tire cover, unique tires, wheels and center cap, and a brush guard. The interior features embroidered headrests

Consumers can further personalize their H3x with any of the H3s eight exterior colors and three leather interiors. The model is scheduled to arrive in dealerships in late summer of 2006. It will be available only in the United States and Canada.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out more of the H3x courtesy of MPH-Online and once more a huge thanks goes out to Dave for helping us out!

MPH Covers the H3X

Nice, a more metro H3. The regular version has too much black plastic that makes it look undetailed. I think they could have gone further by refinishing the honeycomb on the bumper, replacing the chrome with brushed aluminum, and so on. The wheels and gas cap are rather fugly.

I think this is a good thing for the H3. I read in an article that a very large amount of H3 buyers are adding custom touches to their H3s (from GM accessories) so I see no reason why GM shouldn't make some custom versions from the factory. It wouldn't cost them a whole lot to add the accessories after you consider that they're making a rather large number of them, and GM can probably charge a lot for the package. An easy way to make money if you ask me.