Interesting Chevy LS Motor Swap Project

http://www.britishv8.org/MG/JohnMclean.htm

the biggest issue is if you want a manual trans and cooling. also if you like to use that power you need a custom reared. but all of that is still cheaper than droping a buick 215 which does DIRECTLY bolt to everything except exhaust and carb

At a local cruise night, I was checking out a Lotus 7 with an LSx in it. I started talking to the owner and asked him if it was an LS1. He said, no, that's the LS3 crate motor with 480 hp. Wow, I said, I can't imagine this thing weighs more than 2400 pounds. He said, more like 1800 pounds, and for a moment I was speechless (hard to imagine, I know).

And then he uttered the quote of the week: " When you step on it, you'd better be paying attention". I'll say.

I can't imagine a 7 with an LS motor in it. We have a 260 Horse Lotus 7 that shows up at our local autocrosses. It drew blood from my 16 year old son the first time he rode in it...Lotus 7 is actually faster IIRC around the top gear test track than a Veyron.

Lotus 7 with an LS would just be brutal...my kind of car!

Chris

They do the same thing that Superformance does with their Cobra replicas. They come in without a motor installed and they are a compnent vehicle.

Some Ohio Jeep guys have gotten Egyptian Jeep Diesel Wranglers into the US using the same trick.

Methinks Camino could use this trick to bring in a G8 ST.

Chris

Possible, I guess.

Anyway, I can't imagine a Lotus 7 with an LS3!

They weigh nothing and are soooo small. The one I've been working on this year is so tight that I can barely wedge myself into it, and I'm not a big guy. Thie thing is fast with a tiny 4cyl Ford engine, it would be downright scary with an LS powerplant.

LS engine in an MG or a new Nissan 350Z, people do it...whatever works, why not :thumbsup:

I guess it certainly prescribes to my brother's "put a 350 in it" whether you're talking about my mother's Malibu or a Bug...all depending on the day.