hey all, im frank and i have 2 gm cars, a 1985 cutlass ciera holiday coupe (garaged and used for summer cruises) and a 1992 bonneville se (daily driver). heres some facts about them cutlass ciera bonneville miles 78,500 156,300 color beige green engine 2.5l 4 3.8l v6 condition show/street fair the olds has been in our family since it was bought new july 17,1985, with 15 miles on it. we have always had gm cars in our house, and there are few that i havent driven or we had. is there anyone else here with a cutlass ciera?

Hello & Welcome.

I had a Cutlass Ciera for a few short months back in 2001. As soon as I bought it I had a friend of a friend make me an offer on it. Bought it for $2000 sold it for $3000. It was just supposed to be a temporary car in between RWD V8s but I do mis it once in a while.

It was the most loaded Ciera I've ever driven or even seen upclose.

1994 Cutlass Ciera

Black with a tan leather interior, power EVERYTHING

Keyless entry

3100 V6 (they all were at this point)

Cassette too. :P

It's still with the same guy, a Vet. on disabilty. Once in a while I drive by it and say 'hello' since it's only about 20 miles away.

Here's a photo of it from last winter wiht it's snow tires on:

Posted Image

One thing I've always wondered - how do you pronounce "Brougham"?

[post="65459"][/post]

Rhymes wiht Chrome. :)

Oooppps forgot to scribble out his plate. Oh well. Those ugly hubcaps are hideous I don't know why he can't put something better on or better yet, NOTHING. The factory wheels were slick but even bare steel rims would be better than these Wal*Mart hubcaps.

Welcome to the forums, Frank. Get us some pictures of your Cutlass Ciera coupe; that's a pretty rare body style that you hardly ever see on the road anymore. A friend of mine's brother used to drive an '86 about a year and a half ago; it was given to him by his grandfather. Had really low miles but was still a shitbox due to the fact that it sat outside uncovered on dirt for a few years before it was bestowed upon him. His had the FWD version of the Oldsmobile superstock wheels on it; I was gonna take them for the '89 Toronado I was driving at the time as they were the same color but damn near every lug was rusted right to the wheel studs, so no dice; what kind does yours have?

Posted Image

There is a special feeeeeel in an OldsMOBILE!!!

Ta-ta-ta-da-TA! [/cheesy-80s-synthesizer]

I'm with GM1 on it being pronounced "buh-ritz," but please take into consideration the fact I've been born in raised in ASSachusetts so I've got a major handicap when it comes to using the English language correctly. Now I'm gunna go awder a black & white frappe down at Brigham's while sumbuddy finds me a nice picture of a '70 GTO Judge so I can tell them how wicked pissah I think it is. Stick a fawk in me; I'm done! :P

Too see my car on car domain the link is http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/506574/1

My car has the locking wire hubcaps with P185/75/R14 white walls (stock), it was ordered to be a luxury car with air conditioning power windows, power locks, power antenna, am/fm/cassette, rear window defroster, pin stripe, luggage rack, reading lamp, remote mirror (body color) tilt sterring wheel, cruise control, pulse wipers, holiday coupe package, tinted windows (E-Z Kool) floor mats, and body side molding, it is pastel beige with a light saddle velour interior,

I have the build sheet, origninal dealer paper work, even the sold sign that was on the rear view mirror, but thats because its been in the same family since it was new.

The Bonneville is something i got not to long ago, its a daily driver with 156k on it, its a quick car with nice seats but it isnt my Oldsmobile and isnt going to be getting the garage from the Oldsmobile.

Also because I see that your all interested in the name the Olds is model AM27/WJ5 which means Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham Holiday Edition coupe.

I have the build sheet, origninal dealer paper work, even the sold sign that was on the rear view mirror, but thats because its been in the same family since it was new.

[post="66302"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nice to hear it's been in your family since new, that's something! I have some of that same paperwork for my GTP, which I bought new and I hope to keep it in my family forever too. Mine has a few more miles than your Cierra tho... :P

Nice pics on your CD site, BTW! I love the old ads. I've always liked those Cierras, it's good to see someone take so much pride in one. And that service history, that's some great record-keeping! :o

Well I guess its the quality of this car thats kept it going, everyone has always liked the Cutlass, i call it a tough old car but i guess the low miles has helped as well has never being denied anything that it needed. Its got the factory am/fm/cassette and like I said the build sheet. Even though I have the Bonneville (which I also really like) the Olds is such a great car, it rides well, has soft seats, and year after year outlives all these import cars. The most expensive thing done to the Olds in almost 21 yrs has been $354 for a water pump about 4 yrs ago. The comments I get are great everything from those who think its a much more costly car to those who dont think its 20 yrs old (it runs and looks like a 5 yr old car) Also to correct what I read somewhere here before the quote is: "There is a special feel in an Oldsmobile, More then the luxury ride its a feeling of pride that you feel inside!"

Maybe it's 'Brog Ham'.

Green Eggs and Brog Ham.

'I'll have brog ham and eggs please.....overeasy if you will'

[post="65874"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I used to say that as a joke when I had my '86.

If I was leaving the house I'd tell the G/F I'm going to go cause some trouble in the "Brough-Gham".