Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

Are there any good

10 posts in this topic

online "swap meet" sites?

I'd love a good forum where people can buy and sell used parts etc.

I'm finding that ebay and craigslist don't even offer as much as the old print "tradin Times" sort of thing did.

I think there is a place for something like this that isn't generic like ebay and craigslist.

I would recommend brand-specific sites, or you will just be wading thru mountains of..... oh wait- you like Chevys. :wink: :P

Seriously, my B-59 is modified- I go to the HAMB, Buick-59.com & V8Buick.com (and eBay). Craiglist is a shot in the dark for specific, rarer stuff.

A car-only, used-only, national-search 'Craiglist' would be great, if anyone would get off their duff.

Edited by balthazar

I would recommend brand-specific sites, or you will just be wading thru mountains of..... oh wait- you like Chevys. :wink: :P

Seriously, my B-59 is modified- I go to the HAMB, Buick-59.com & V8Buick.com (and eBay). Craiglist is a shot in the dark for specific, rarer stuff.

A car-only, used-only, national-search 'Craiglist' would be great, if anyone would get off their duff.

Car-only was what I had in mind.

What do you think Oldsmoboi, should C&G do it?

We have a member marketplace, but I agree with Balthazar, brand, or better yet, platform / model specific sites are your best bet

Doesn't Hemmings have an online classified section?

You could also try Special Interest. Not exactly model specific, but not a general classifieds either.

A car-only, used-only, national-search 'Craigslist' would be great, if anyone would get off their duff.

Umm, dude, you CAN search multiple regions of craigslist at once:

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Put in whatever you want, choose a mile range, and see what comes up.

Yeah, I'm aware of the national CL search, but the problem is, it's not car-only and it's clogged with brand new stuff too. Esp for my interests- vintage stuff is not common. I want better!

I've found Hemmings online to be somewhat cumbersome, but that's an excellent suggestion, too.

Yeah, I'm aware of the national CL search, but the problem is, it's not car-only and it's clogged with brand new stuff too. Esp for my interests- vintage stuff is not common. I want better!

I hear ya. I have the same problem in skimming craigslist for old toys. Every knucklehead that has a worthless rusty 80's Tonka dump truck that's been under their back porch since new is in between the occasional piece worth looking into. It would be nice if there was a way to choose a cutoff year for what you're looking for.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room