Man....

daves87rs

So, it's been a week or so since I washed the Balt.

So today it went to the car wash. While drying it, I noticed something: It's bubbling up rust at the bottom of the driver's side door! The Balt is not even 4 years old yet! WTF?

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

I mean, it could just be a fluke, but still.......

I'm taking it to the dealership to see if anything can be done....

Man.... :facepalm:

We need pics, of the rust area and of the door jamb where the latch is. I want to check something.

Let me see if I can get a pic of it. (my toddler got a hold of it(camera) and really messed up the settings)

It's a light bubbling right at the seam under the door, almost to the end of the door. It being so close to the end of the door is my worry, since it is on the driver's side. While it is light, it's not a good sign on a 2dr car...

I'm thinking they might help (I hope), or I might have to break out the por and do it myself.....

So today it went to the car wash. While drying it, I noticed something: It's bubbling up rust at the bottom of the driver's side door! The Balt is not even 4 years old yet! WTF?

The trunklid on the Impala was beginning to corrode but since it's 2.5yrs old they just warrantied it.

Good Luck!

Good luck...remember anything mechanical will break.

Got some good contacts in the autobody biz down here, so if you need it fixed right/cheap or whatever, let me know.

Also, post pics for 'blu. He will REALLY know what to do with this...

Chris

Good luck...remember anything mechanical will break.

Got some good contacts in the autobody biz down here, so if you need it fixed right/cheap or whatever, let me know.

Also, post pics for 'blu. He will REALLY know what to do with this...

Chris

Thanks 66!

Hmmm...That might be a good idea for the Wife's Cav....sedans can be a PITA to fix (compared to 2drs)....less room to work. Help would good!

Dude...

If you just want this painted so it doesn't rust...and it doesn't have to be pretty...can get this done almost free for you.

Have friends with paint guns. May not look perfect...more of a Cavi level fix than a Coblat level fix...but...

Your overthinking things. Easy fix from either GM Warrenty, Bodyshop, or a back ally quickie.

Enjoy your cars...with your family. Your wife is still young and good looking, you have a son who is growing up. AWESOME!

Chris

Dude...

If you just want this painted so it doesn't rust...and it doesn't have to be pretty...can get this done almost free for you.

Have friends with paint guns. May not look perfect...more of a Cavi level fix than a Coblat level fix...but...

Your overthinking things. Easy fix from either GM Warrenty, Bodyshop, or a back ally quickie.

Enjoy your cars...with your family. Your wife is still young and good looking, you have a son who is growing up. AWESOME!

Chris

True.....

I'm thinking the dealership should take care of the Balt (a little whining might help). They've been pretty good about other stuff.....I just want to at least look good until it's paid for(which should be soon). At that point it will be a well cared for beater. (most beaters I know don't get nice tires and sythetic oil and good wax.. :) )

As for her car, I just want to keep from rusting (more). I funny it funny the rest of the car is in good shape (including the rocker panels), but then a little rust sneaks in under a few doors.....I've been good about keeping that car clean over the winter.....

As for the family....he's growing alright. He can say "car" now....which is cool. I had a little fun when he touched a Camry.....I said, "No, don't touch. Trash. Dirty....." :lol:

:) Camry = Trash...

As far as asking for photos, I just wanted to look at it and see if I can determine if any work has been done on the door. Wanted to make sure all the factory stickers are intact and see if I can tell if the door skin is original. A lot of times, premature rust comes from incorrect bodywork.

:) Camry = Trash...

As far as asking for photos, I just wanted to look at it and see if I can determine if any work has been done on the door. Wanted to make sure all the factory stickers are intact and see if I can tell if the door skin is original. A lot of times, premature rust comes from incorrect bodywork.

I will, just have to fix the camera first.

The only items that have been replaced/repaired on the Balt have been the hood (replaced), pass. headlight (replaced), fascia (replaced), pass. fender (light repair), roof (dent), and the windshield. I'm pretty sure the factory stickers are on....I will check though... 8)