Chevrolet Announces Pricing On All-New Tahoe

America's Best- Selling Full-Sized SUV To Start At $33,990

DETROIT – Chevrolet today announced the all-new Tahoe will be priced at $33,990 for the LS model equipped with a standard 5.3L engine. This new vehicle is priced approximately $2,000 below its predecessor. The 2007 Tahoe goes on sale at Chevrolet dealers across the country today.

“Tahoe has been the best-selling full-sized SUV since 2001. The 2007 model is the best Tahoe yet, and we are bringing it to the marketplace at a great value,” said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager. “This is very consistent with our recent pricing of other launch vehicles, making America's number one brand, Chevrolet, also America's number one value.”

The starting price for a Tahoe LT 5.3L is $35,740; and an LTZ, equipped with a 5.3L engine begins at $44,015. All prices include $875 Destination Freight Charge (DFC) and are 2WD.

The new Tahoe takes over at the top of the segment not only in sales, but also in fuel economy. When combined with improved aerodynamics, the small-block V-8 gives the Tahoe the segment’s best fuel economy. Two-wheel-drive models equipped with the 5.3L engine have EPA estimates at 16 mpg in the city and 22 on the highway. Tahoe was the first full-sized SUV with an EPA estimated highway mpg over 20.

“We know customers are looking for fuel-efficient, high quality vehicles that offer more standard equipment at competitive prices, and that’s what we are delivering,” said Peper. “This strategy, which we started last year, helped Chevrolet become the best-selling vehicle brand in the United States for the first time since 1986.”

In 2005, Chevrolet's sales results were paced by full-size pickup sales and the introduction of the new Impala, Equinox, HHR and Cobalt. Over the last five years, driven by consumer response to its revamped product lineup, Chevrolet closed an 850,000-unit sales gap with the competition, a notable accomplishment given the increasingly competitive nature of the U.S. auto industry. Chevrolet's continuing strong truck sales and the introduction of important entry-level vehicles were key to this achievement. Chevrolet's new entry-level vehicles, the Equinox, HHR, Cobalt and Aveo, increased sales by more than 100,000 units in 2005.

“More Americans buy Chevys than any other brand,” Peper said, “and we intend to defend our sales position with a continued strong product assault in 2006, led by our new trucks.”

The new Tahoe is one of six all-new vehicles Chevrolet will launch this year.

The LTZ starts at $45k? That doesn't seem like value pricing at all; the Suburban will easily cross $50k again.

And did they drop the 4.8L?

sorry to bust your parade, but the 06 Tahoe Z71 was a bit above 48k...

and the LTZ isnt for everyone the LT3 is really all you need, if anything... I'm not sure what the difference is, but the LT3 we have doesnt have navigation, and i'm sure the LTZ's will be 4x4 or AWD...

soo... i think for a Z71 to cost 48k this year, and for an 07 you can get a LTZ for 45k with navigation, 4x4 and many extra features for 45k... you are going to be happy

LTZ costs too much.

and the LTZ isnt for everyone the LT3 is really all you need, if anything... I'm not sure what the difference is, but the LT3 we have doesnt have navigation, and i'm sure the LTZ's will be 4x4 or AWD...

soo... i think for a Z71 to cost 48k this year, and for an 07 you can get a LTZ for 45k with navigation, 4x4 and many extra features for 45k... you are going to be happy

Those prices do seem high for being "value prices". The $45k LTZ price is 2WD, not 4WD. It says they are all 2WD, so add some options and 4WD and you'll be over the $48k loaded Z71 price. Navigation and bigger wheels is not worth an extra $10k. When MSRP priceing is put almost $10k over invoice, they deffinatly have a lot of room to move to make it a value price. GM still gets the same amount of $$$, it's just the dealers might only make $7k or $8k vs $10k - $12k on a vehicle sold at MSRP.

Edited by BuddyP

Not counting resale, standard equipment, etc: (pricing from Edmunds)

2006 Ford Expedition XLS: $32,660

2006 Nissan Armanda: $34,000

2006 Toyota Seqouia: $32,820

2006 Dodge Durango (not quite in the same class...): $31,990

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS: $35,915

To me it looks like Chevy is a value with more std. equipment and a 5.3L that is class leading...

doesn't sound that bad considering all the features you will get on the ltz...navigation, 20s, power folding rear seats, power rear hatch, and a bunch of other junk you really don't need. I think i would just get the LT with leather and some nice options and put some aftermarket 20s on...i would be happy with that.

07 Tahoe!

No reason here to not go with a Tahoe.

Tahoe 5.3 V8 320 hp

Sequoia 4.7 V8 282 hp

Armada 5.6 V8 305 hp

Expedition 5.4 V8 300 hp

Only Tahoe has Onstar, remote vehicle starter, rainsense wipers,heated second row seats, power release 2nd row seats,

07 Tahoe = Best combination of power and versatility.

07 Tahoe = Segment leading fuel economy.

07 Tahoe = Segment leading refinement you can see hear and feel.

Tahoe has finished ahead of the Toyota Sequoia in JD power initial quality every year since Sequoia's introduction.

Not bad!

I bought an 05 LT in July '05, loaded with everything except navigation, sunroof and DVD system, and it listed for over $47K, so I think a loaded '07 LTZ at $45K is pretty good... of course, with the employee discount pricing last year, I only paid about $36K for my car...

I actually think the pricing is very reasonable, and this coming from a person who finds 95% of GM products overpriced in relation to how good they are. It might not be "value pricing", but these new GMT-900s have more value baked in than any other previous GM model. The '07 Tahoe is actually desirable and class-leading, and the public is willing to spend money for that.

I bought an 05 LT in July '05, loaded with everything except navigation, sunroof and DVD system, and it listed for over $47K, so I think a loaded '07 LTZ at $45K is pretty good... of course, with the employee discount pricing last year, I only paid about $36K for my car...

$45K would be great if it was loaded, but it's not, and that is with 2WD.

For fully loaded models all fully loaded with 4WD:

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 w/ Nav:  $53,900

2006 Ford Expedition King Ranch:  $45,240

2006 Armada SE Off-Road:  $39,950

2006 Seqouia Limited:  $45,060

2006 Durango Limited:  $37,310

Seems as though the LTZ is a steal with more technology!

About $8,000 more than the second most expensive in the class is not a steal.

About $8,000 more than the second most expensive in the class is not a steal.

Non offer luxury amenities like DOD, rearview camera, quad zone climate control, 360 degree parking sensors, active stability control, etc... you would have to buy a QX56, Lexus LX470, or Lincoln Navigator to get only some of those features. Still a steal considering the pricepoint of the competition.

For those that want amenities but none of the flash this is a steal.

These prices are too high. So much for caring for resale values. It's obvious GM priced them with rebate in mind. The public is conditioned on seeing $8K to $10K discounts on Tahoes. With the $2K lower MSRP, GM will need to discount them to move them in volume after the initial sales evaporate.

Who wants to start a poll of when we will see $6K discounts on Tahoes? I give it 1 year to happen.

Mark

Edited by usa1

Isn't Dodge Durango lower in price? And with more room? The 3LT and LTZ are not necessary for Chevrolet (unless LTZ is a mere performance/appearance package) because they will overlap with the similar GMC Yukon Denali (which should also be dropped) and Cadillac Escalade.

These prices are a couple of thousand more than I thought they would be. The old trucks were ridiculously overpriced. However, I think they will sell very well for the price because they are class-leading, and people are willing to pay for that. But I can see rebates in the thousands in a couple of years. For now, GM will make good money on them.

Considering they are class-leading vehicles, I don't think it's really overpriced. $45k may seem like a lot, but before massive rebates are TB EXT was $39k and change and it didn't even have every option. So, $5k more for a much superior vehicle is not as much as many may think.

Plus, the LS and especially LT seem well priced, and that's where the bulk of the sales will come from.