Real Estate License

Blake Noble

It's something I'm thinking about obtaining. I know the market isn't exactly booming and bustling, but maybe there's still decent money in it. I need to do something during much more productive than doing odd jobs and failing at finding full-time work during this period of "downtime" I'm having while I figure out what course of action I should take during college. Perhaps a local firm will hire me and give me a decent salary plus commission.

And say if the degree I obtain in college fails to find me permanent full-time work for a period of one or two years, this could be something I can fall back on.

I wonder how long it would take to get one outside of an "online course" setting, although it appears online courses cost about $500 bucks to enroll in and take six months to complete.

Can anyone dish out some criticism and some facts here?

Edited by whiteknight

I've heard from friends that getting the license is fine, but you have to work hard to make good money, so its not necessarily good part-time work.

As long as there is better money to be made than what I make now, hard work is fine by me.

I put down flooring for a period of time. Now that's what I consider some hard work. On the bright side, you can make a lot of cash in a hurry doing it.

As long as there is better money to be made than what I make now, hard work is fine by me.

I put down flooring for a period of time. Now that's what I consider some hard work. On the bright side, you can make a lot of cash in a hurry doing it.

Yes, but flooring, you can get overflow from some contracters or put up flyers in supermarkets.

As someone else noted, you work for commissions in RE and likely have to pay to be a part of a thriving office. It takes time to build up a base, and as lowest man in the RE office, you get the scraps... unless you hang around the office grabbing the first person that walks in the door. And many potential clients are 'tire kickers'.

RE, to me, is something you have to be completely out of work to do, as you are going to donate most of your time and need to be available from 7a-9p, if you are lucky enough to show some houses.

It also takes a ton of persuasion.

I'm not saying its impossible, there are lots of agents out there, I just think these schools/classes make it look too easy.

Hairdresser

Nope.

Manicurist

No thanks.

Pedicurist

What's the difference between that and the last one again? Aren't they just about the same thing?

Waxing people

Unless I get to see and wax a specific region on Kate Beckinsale, I'll pass.

Anal bleaching

I never want to see another "RING AROUND THE COLLAR!" commercial again.

facials

Hmmmm ... it depends on what sort of facial. And who. :smilewide:

coloring hair

massage

No and no unless I'm the one getting a message and the ending is a happy one.

Edited by whiteknight