Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

Magic numbers

8 posts in this topic

225, 318, 383, 413, 426, 440... some pretty serious engines in Dodge's annals. Do you have a Dodge story to tell?

Don't forget 273.

And 340.

And 360.

I have stories for the first two.

Ah yes, the 340... better known by outsiders than the old 273 or the 360. All stories welcome, surely.

Two Dakotas, one with a 318. When that 318-powered Dakota became a part of the family back in 2003, it had bad freeze-out plugs at under 31,000 miles and a wad of what can only be described as something black clogging the radiator.

'74 'Cuda, belonging to my cousin, with 318/Torqueflite, used to terrorize the high school parking lot... it was one of the quickest cars there, laid waste to a then-new '78 Trans Am, among others. Light blue/black top/black stripes/blue vinyl buckets, air shocks on the rear and Keystone rims... he inexplicably traded it on a brand new '79 Cougar, light green/dark green laundau/green vinyl bench, and a 302. He put Cragar S/S rims on that one, wider on the rear, with air shocks and white letter tires. Ah yes, the 70's.

I am a HUGE fan of the 77-78 Trans Am's so don't take this wrong...but you probably could have done that on a Schwinn. Those cars were for the most part dogs right from the factory. One of my fav. 70's cars, though.

318 powered 71-72ish Cuda in sublime green used to run around Madison county/Mt Sterling Ohio when we lived out that way...that was back when I had my 66 stang Fastback and drove it everywhere. Was kind of cool because there were two old cars in good condition being driven around town everywhere.

Chris