2006 NAIAS: China's Geely 7151

I can't believe M-B lets them produce that.

It's such a blatant ripoff.

Oh, trust me, Mercedes won't let this one go. Anyway, I think China will be an automobile powerhouse in the USA market in the not to distant future..........like it or not. Obviously, they can't make vehicles like this one though!

“Anything we can do to help them do a good job is what we want because we don’t want Chinese cars to come in and start a bad reputation,” Bricklin said. "'Anything that somebody does that says 'Chinese is bad' could hurt us."

So Chinese "AUTO COMPANIES" are BAD and are unsafe and un realieble.

No offense to the people im not raciest but we cant have this crap coming here even companies like Toyota will feel heat against these cars.

Guest YellowJacket894

Nope. Sorry. Not buying. It's so cheap it's not funny.

I don't think the U.S. will go gah-gah over these, they're subpar in quality to... everything.

Nope. Sorry. Not buying. It's so cheap it's not funny.

I don't think the U.S. will go gah-gah over these, they're subpar in quality to... everything.

I dunno, I'm not for it..... however, determining it's quality before even sitting in it, is not a fair statement.... When I go to Detroit I will comment on the quality...

Of course the quality is crap.. but give China a decade, and they'll be producing some pretty good cars. They've had a while to learn from the Americans, the Japanese, and the Koreans.

Heck, during the 80s and early 90s GM had ambassador programs in the US that brought in Chinese engineers to learn how to produce a good vehicle (even though GM in the 80s and 90s wasn't exactly a company that could brag about quality) You can bet that there are ambassador programs in Japan and Korea too.

At the Tonawanda engine plant, they had dozens of chinese engineers that would live here, learn the techniques and then when they were done, bring back their knowledge to China.

We have a family friend in China who now works for delphi and you can bet he brought back a lot of usefull information.

China did it's homework and now they're ready to show the world of what they know.

I'm telling you.. start learning Chinese because they'll be the economic power of the 21st century. It's been a long time coming too.