this is why i have anger

mute

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, its like reading a Linkin Park album.  The cliche "I'm an angsty teen, the whole world sucks, I deserve better" thing is played out.  Really it does get old.

Well, I understand the "I'm an angsty teen" part, as I am... but where did you get the rest from? :huh: I'm not in a depression anymore and certaintly don't think like that at the moment. Although, perhaps I do deserve better... Nah, I probably deserve what I get for what I do. :D

At the risk of really pissing you off, here goes:

Whatever needs to be done with your GA, get off your ass and do it. Stop talking about it, stop complaining about it, stop asking other people to make everything better for you, just do it. It's your life, dammit. Take control of it. The car isn't gonna move with whatever effort you've put in so far. You'll get your 1500-2000 for it if you're willing to put 500 or so into it. Remembering how I was at 17, I can't belive you're not so overcome with cabin fever that you want to fix the car just to be able to get your freedom. You've said it before: no car = no job = no $$$. So what the hell are you waiting for? Fix the GA, swallow your pride, and drive it to your new job that'll help you pay for the car you really want. So what if the GA is a POS? Who the hell cares? As long as it runs and drives it'll get you where you need to go, just like any 240SX, 5th gen GA, or mid 90s Bimmer, but for much less $$$ out of your pocket.

PA is chock full of huge junkyards. I'm sure you can find a nice Quad4 for a reasonable price. So, let your fingers do the walking and start making some calls. Then, set up a nice overhead pulley system with your dad in the garage...one that you guys can probably build for less than the cost of a hoist. When that's done, block out a weekend and replace the engine. Screw the cold: that's what gloves, hats, coats and kerosene heaters are for. If nothing else, figure out a way to keep the tools warm so that your hands don't go numb using them.

I know you're going to say you need cash to do this. Unfortunately, you're probably too young and too unemployed to get a loan, unless your parents are willing to consign, which they probably won't based on how you've described them to us. So assume you're stuck with your ATV as your only means of generating enough cash to get the ball rolling. That should give you all the more motivation to do everything in your power to sell it: make flyers, put it on eBay with "local pickup only" as the shipping option, spend $20 and put it in the local newspaper...whatever. Like I said above: just do it.

Yeah, I know I'm coming off harsh. Maybe I really pissed you off. Maybe I lit a fire under your ass. I wrote this rant not out of disdain for you. Having the freedom and independence that only driving a car can provide is a wonderful thing. Depending on rides sucks. I know from experience, having done that up until the end of my first semester of college.

Me? Pissed off? Never... I'll admit I lost my cool last night but I literally feel like $h!, metally and physically. My self control isn't narly as high as usual... :P

Anyways, I'll tell you the same thing I told Chris. I can't exactly do everything that is supposed to result from "motivating" me. The weather sucks, my garage is small and reeks of cat $h! and isn't exactly strong enough to be lifting engines, my tools are limited, I don't exactly have money to burn, I'm not exactly a mechanic, I'm not close to being on good "working together" terms with my dad, and I don't really want to touch the car that has put me through hell the last couple months. I mean... motivating me to do something that isn't entirely possible is supposed to help me... how? I complain because it's the only thing I can really do other than advertising the hell out of both my GA and my 300EX, which as of yet, it seems no one wants either. Execpt for on ebay, which I've said before that I'm not a fan of. So... It pisses me off, too. That car has put me through so much and is losing me and my dad money no matter what... and now I can't get even get rid of it. Yet, I can't even sell my ATV which is about as perfect as 03 300EXs can possibly be other than the worn tires. It absolutely amazes me. Again, I just want to get rid of the GA. I do not want to fix the damn thing. Period. Don't like my complaing? Too bad... "motivating" me isn't helping. Take a hint...

Also, you're right about the loan. They say they have bad credit, but I don't see how unless they are hiding something from me... I'm going to suggest to atleast try for a loan as there are some places that will see into bad credit. If I do, I will most certainly buy a car and get a job afterwards. Maybe, just maybe... if my GA is still sitting in my driveway after I've earned some money, I might put effort into fixing it.

Edit: One more thing... It's not that I wouldn't want to drive my GA, it's that I don't want to fix it. I did not enjoy what it has done to me. That and I'm an enthusiast... and a dreamer. I'm the kind of person that will not accept just anything. I want to achieve certain things, like certain cars in this case. It is ironic considering my financial status, but hey... that's how I am.

I will not drive a POS around, especially after it has put me through hell and has stranded me. I just won't, considering the effort it will take. Putting effort into it now would be like putting effort into being heterosexual. It doesn't make sense, does it? 240SX, 325i, GAGT, etc... mock, but one of these will be my next car way before I lay a hand on my POS.

Edited by blackviper8891

Have you tried:

Putting up flyers at school? Most schools usually have a bulletin board where you can post things like that. I'm sure there's a kid in your school who'd want an ATV, even if you don't like him/her.

Bringing it to a shopping center or some other high-traffic parking lot for a day, then taking it home at night? They do that all the time in my neightborhood.

Listing it in a regular online classified? I mean a place like cars.com, but for motorcycles/dirtbikes/ATVs.

Bringing it to an ATV dealer and seeing how much they'd give you for it?

I'm just brainstorming, but think outside the box a bit. Someone probably wants it. You just have to reach them.

Have you tried:

Putting up flyers at school? Most schools usually have a bulletin board where you can post things like that. I'm sure there's a kid in your school who'd want an ATV, even if you don't like him/her.

Bringing it to a shopping center or some other high-traffic parking lot for a day, then taking it home at night? They do that all the time in my neightborhood.

Listing it in a regular online classified? I mean a place like cars.com, but for motorcycles/dirtbikes/ATVs.

Bringing it to an ATV dealer and seeing how much they'd give you for it?

I'm just brainstorming, but think outside the box a bit. Someone probably wants it. You just have to reach them.

I've come close to putting flyers up at school, but never got to it. Same with bringing it to school for a day. That problem with that is that I have no way to bring it anywhere... No usable truck, no trailor.

I just got done putting it on a few more forums... that makes atleast 10, now.

As for bringing it into an ATV dealer... Never thought of that, but I would think they wouldn't buy it off me, unless for a trade. That and I most likely won't get what I want for it.

1. Take a couple of 2x8s,or 2x10s, and a sheet of plywood, and nail it all together to build a ramp.

2. Lay said ramp onto the tailgate of your dad's F150.

3. Drive the ATV up the ramp and into the bed.

4. Throw the ramp into the bed with the ATV.

5. Drive with dad to the far end of a high traffic parking lot.

6. Remove ramp from the bed and lay it on the tailgate.

7. Drive ATV down the ramp.

8. Go home

Repeat in reverse order to bring the ATV home.

Remember:

[box]----->BV's thoughts

I've come close to putting flyers up at school, but never got to it. Same with bringing it to school for a day. That problem with that is that I have no way to bring it anywhere... No usable truck, no trailor.

I just got done putting it on a few more forums... that makes atleast 10, now.

As for bringing it into an ATV dealer... Never thought of that, but I would think they wouldn't buy it off me, unless for a trade. That and I most likely won't get what I want for it.

Anyways, I'll tell you the same thing I told Chris. I can't exactly do everything that is supposed to result from "motivating" me. The weather sucks, my garage is small and reeks of cat $h! and isn't exactly strong enough to be lifting engines, my tools are limited, I don't exactly have money to burn, I'm not exactly a mechanic, I'm not close to being on good "working together" terms with my dad, and I don't really want to touch the car that has put me through hell the last couple months. I mean... motivating me to do something that isn't entirely possible is supposed to help me... how? I complain because it's the only thing I can really do other than advertising the hell out of both my GA and my 300EX, which as of yet, it seems no one wants either. Execpt for on ebay, which I've said before that I'm not a fan of. So... It pisses me off, too. That car has put me through so much and is losing me and my dad money no matter what... and now I can't get even get rid of it. Yet, I can't even sell my ATV which is about as perfect as 03 300EXs can possibly be other than the worn tires. It absolutely amazes me. Again, I just want to get rid of the GA. I do not want to fix the damn thing. Period. Don't like my complaing? Too bad... "motivating" me isn't helping. Take a hint...

Also, you're right about the loan. They say they have bad credit, but I don't see how unless they are hiding something from me... I'm going to suggest to atleast try for a loan as there are some places that will see into bad credit. If I do, I will most certainly buy a car and get a job afterwards. Maybe, just maybe... if my GA is still sitting in my driveway after I've earned some money, I might put effort into fixing it.

Edit: One more thing... It's not that I wouldn't want to drive my GA, it's that I don't want to fix it. I did not enjoy what it has done to me. That and I'm an enthusiast... and a dreamer. I'm the kind of person that will not accept just anything. I want to achieve certain things, like certain cars in this case. It is ironic considering my financial status, but hey... that's how I am.

I will not drive a POS around, especially after it has put me through hell and has stranded me. I just won't, considering the effort it will take. Putting effort into it now would be like putting effort into being heterosexual. It doesn't make sense, does it? 240SX, 325i, GAGT, etc... mock, but one of these will be my next car way before I lay a hand on my POS.

I think you have allot to learn.........(not trying to be rude here..)

but some of what you said above is just excuses.....

z28 mentioned about putting up ads, spend the 20$ to do it....

Also, calling a dealer or a place that sells bikes would have been the first place I would call just to see how they would pay for it. If the price you hear is not nearly as close as what you would have expected, then just go on over and have a look at howmuch es selling similar year and condition models for. That will give you asn idea of what you can expect to fetch for it.

eBay is not that bad.... I thought the same as you before but there are some features of eBay wich you probably dont know of yet and thats why you are scetchy about using it. Get familiar, start an account and see what options you can chose while building up an item for sale, then reserve jugement to if it realy is as bad as you make it out to be.

Allot of the things you describe are all things you will slowly learn that are tiny details in your life and ther are much larger things to worry about. A car is not an investment. No mater what it will break down some day. There is no perfect car, and at your age, any POS will do. You call the GA a POS because it left you on the side of the road, who cares. You had a LEMON. Not all GA's are like that. You'll prbably realize that almost any car that you will own in your life will breakdown or get you pissed off at one point or another. Learn to deal with it and see how thoe god darn thing works by working on it yourself. Then you will understand the nature of a car and breakdowns..... no car is suceptible to this.... not even a nissan 240 sx or zx... my friend has one and has had one for the last 6 years.

1. Take a couple of 2x8s,or 2x10s, and a sheet of plywood, and nail it all together to build a ramp.

2. Lay said ramp onto the tailgate of your dad's F150.

3. Drive the ATV up the ramp and into the bed.

4. Throw the ramp into the bed with the ATV.

5. Drive with dad to the far end of a high traffic parking lot.

6. Remove ramp from the bed and lay it on the tailgate.

7. Drive ATV down the ramp.

8. Go home

Repeat in reverse order to bring the ATV home.

Remember:

[box]----->BV's thoughts

It won't fit in the bed of my dad's F150. It's a work truck... it has one of those storage boxes as well as a diesel fuel tank. Takes up more than half of the bed and can't be removed. We tried to fit it in there before... even the tailgate down, it was hanging over the end. Too risky. :D

I think you have allot to learn.........(not trying to be rude here..)

but some of what you said above is just excuses.....

Yes I do and yes they are... So? :P

z28 mentioned about putting up ads, spend the 20$ to do it....

Also, calling a dealer or a place that sells bikes would have been the first place I would call just to see how they would pay for it. If the price you hear is not nearly as close as what you would have expected, then just go on over and have a look at howmuch es selling similar year and condition models for. That will give you asn idea of what you can expect to fetch for it.

I know what they go for... They're in the trade book all the time. That and KBB even does estimates for ATVs. I'm under KBB value and basically in the same ballpark as other 300EXs I've seen advertised. That and I know how much I paid for it and how much I'm losing, which was about $3300 a year and a half ago. I'm selling if for it $2800 OBO everywhere I advertise it, including the local Trade Book. I'm not expecting to get more for it than it's worth. Less, actually since the tires are worn.

eBay is not that bad.... I thought the same as you before but there are some features of eBay wich you probably dont know of yet and thats why you are scetchy about using it. Get familiar, start an account and see what options you can chose while building up an item for sale, then reserve jugement to if it realy is as bad as you make it out to be.

I just dislike the idea of bidding, reputations, reserves, etc. I'd rather have a set price and have people buy it straight up regardless of my reputation. The buy it now feature comes close, but still people go buy your reputation. Maybe you don't understand... It's just a personal thing.

Allot of the things you describe are all things you will slowly learn that are tiny details in your life and ther are much larger things to worry about. A car is not an investment. No mater what it will break down some day. There is no perfect car, and at your age, any POS will do. You call the GA a POS because it left you on the side of the road, who cares. You had a LEMON. Not all GA's are like that. You'll prbably realize that almost any car that you will own in your life will breakdown or get you pissed off at one point or another. Learn to deal with it and see how thoe god darn thing works by working on it yourself. Then you will understand the nature of a car and breakdowns..... no car is suceptible to this.... not even a nissan 240 sx or zx... my friend has one and has had one for the last 6 years.

I know all cars are eventually going to break down sometime, but you can't deny that some are more likely than others to break down. That's the GA's problem. I'm not blind to their reliability. I used to think it was only the people who treated their's like $h!, that reliability was an issue. I babied mine. I already knew the Quad4 engine was an unreliable engine... truly one of GM's worst, so it really wasn't that much of a surprise when it did happen. I knew it was going to happen eventually. It's the small things that truly annoyed the hell out of me. The endless noises, rattles, and squeaks... the f**ked up electrical system... some plastic somewhere breaking weekly... the f**ked up electical system... and did I mention the f**ked up electrical system? I planned to fix it up, but when the engine went sour, I said the hell with it and put it up for sale. Even then, I had already been thinking of selling it. I even posted about it here on the boards, as some of you may remember. I was going to sell it before the problems started to occur. Not necessarily a lemon, but I expected more out of it than I should have. Again, that's me. I can't help it.

Still, it can't compare to our Blazer, the absolute biggest POS I've ever seen.

Anyways, I don't want to fix the damn thing. What is so hard to understand about that, guys? Let me suffer... nothing you say or do could possibly change my mind at the moment, especially after pissing me off last night. It's a done deal... So drop it. If you want it fixed so bad... buy it and fix yourselves, just stop talking to me about it. I don't care. Mmkay? ^_^

Your car is a high-school shop class's dream project. IIRC, you said your school doesn't have auto shop. Maybe you can find one that does and either 1 - get them to fix it for cost (unlikely if it's not the school you attend) or 2. donate it to the school and get a writeoff on it on your income taxes, which'll probably amount to the same money you'd get for selling it in its current condition. You just wouldn't see that money until '07.

hes got a point with that whole find another school, tho ive driven through brookville and im not sure good that will be, how many schools are there?

anyways yah man youve got friends there that like cars right?

find a few and get em to help ya pull it for free, jsut make sure you label everything and it should be fine, buy an engine for like 150 and goooo

It is your first car right?

trust us all first cars suck but I know I did everything to it just so i could get around town.

That GA I told you about It took me 1 1/2 egine out 2hours plus lunch to fix it and put it back together and 2 hours of machining. 1 1/2 put back together. turn key. vroom like new car. Yes i was paid and under a schedule but, your pay off is that you can take your fixed GA and drive to school/job. when you have a job, save money buy a nice car that YOU want like your fireo or a 240 whatever a m5 doesnt matter. I know my 2nd car was so much better than my first car.

Your car is a high-school shop class's dream project. IIRC, you said your school doesn't have auto shop. Maybe you can find one that does and either 1 - get them to fix it for cost (unlikely if it's not the school you attend) or 2. donate it to the school and get a writeoff on it on your income taxes, which'll probably amount to the same money you'd get for selling it in its current condition. You just wouldn't see that money until '07.

Perhaps, but being that other schools are a good 20+ miles away...