Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept:

Intrepidation

WoW... been a long time since there has been a Toyota with aggressive styling (and presumably performance to back it up). Looks like they are waking up again to the potential of cars beyond reliable, vanilla FWD generics.

Solid design. Not really seeing any design features that I could consider new or outstanding, but it's a very sporty, clean design with good proportions. A few bits are obviously overdone for a car that'd sit on a dealership lot, but that's not the point of a concept.

I admit it is pretty nice looking. I'm not sure what changed between this and the last concept that was released, but this looks much better. Aside from the greenhouse it has strong Honda styling cues. S2000 in the front and NSX-GT concept in the back. Though I would never buy anything with that ugly "T" on the back. It seriously ruins the entire rear end (yes, the badge alone -it screams econo-family-car; a red H badge would be far more fitting).

Badge snobbery eh? If it had an H badge it would also be about 100 times more ugly based one what Honda's been rolling out of its design studios the past several years.

I see no Honda in there. #1 because Honda has no styling language at all, #2 because Honda has no sports coupe with which Toyota could supposedly copy the greenhouse.

If you're talking about the little upkick in the quarter window and how the Accord Coupe has on it, well so did the G6 Coupe.

Badge snobbery eh? If it had an H badge it would also be about 100 times more ugly based one what Honda's been rolling out of its design studios the past several years.

I see no Honda in there. #1 because Honda has no styling language at all, #2 because Honda has no sports coupe with which Toyota could supposedly copy the greenhouse.

If you're talking about the little upkick in the quarter window and how the Accord Coupe has on it, well so did the G6 Coupe.

What's with you and badge snobbery?

Perhaps what Honda is means something quite different to you than it does to me, and that's justifiable given their current lineup. Your exposure to Honda is probably limited to ricers and family cars. For me, this SEMA car's styling is reminiscent of Honda. On that note, just because someone cares about the badge that's on a car doesn't prequalify them as a snob.

I think you read my post too hastily. I said "aside from the greenhouse".