cruisin after midnight

mute

allright guys im a bad kid going out after im supposed to be in but i happened to find myself in the possession of a police intercepter (active duty cops) and a new 2004 GTO modified (friends) last night for a half hour........

what i noticed for one thing is that those intercepters are still as quick as can be for such a large vehicle and the intercepters are amazingly agile for their size...

i also noticed in his turbo charged, port and polished, full catback ls2 powered GTO the intercepter fell to the distance no matter who drove either car, in traffic the GTO wins by far, it may not be extremely fast comparitively but the size and the suspension allow you to feel more confident around the turns and taking the in and out weaving of traffic the GTO excells in any aspect

needless to say in an all out drag tho, the intercepter still wins... damn but that GTO is easily with the right driver an easy vehicle to watch cops go to your review mirror...fast

Alright then, I love cruising at night with a car too. Again without headlights (but foglights) and again nude (I told you boredom makes me do stupid things). :D

Haha... anyways, that was just one time. :P

What I really like to do is to do a stealth cruise after midnight. Interior lighting and the radio off. Going fast as possible through the PA country. Listening to nothing but the sound of the engine and the road. Alot less traffic to interfere. Makes for an invirgorating drive, I must say. B)

Cruising after midnight is fun... especially with an ATV, in a rural area, under the moonlight, and without the lights on. Super fun. Doing it nude is even more fun, if it's warm enough. A great way to... uh... air out. :lol::D

Alright then, I love cruising at night with a car too. Again without headlights (but foglights) and again nude (I told you boredom makes me do stupid things). :D

Haha... anyways, that was just one time. :P

Gee I see a theme here... :rolleyes:

Hope you still wore the helmet on the ATV :rolleyes:

ya know I should be able to follow that being the slang boy I am but I have no idea what you are talking about ? What is this "interceptor", there has been all kinds of "interceptors". then your saying the modifications done to the GTO was a turbo and P&P, ect. ?

intercepter as in a 2002 crown vic bodied police intercepter it says intercepter on the back of the body wher it would usualy say crown vic

How were you able to get your hands on a police car? I'm assuming it was a CV right?

CV as in civilian? naaaa we borrowed one from the state

and no we havent been caught yet

mute, is this a video game to which you are referring?

no video game in real life these cars were compared in hardcore chase situation, we alternated driving each one and tested the capabilities this is factual stuff as far as it goes

huh? how the hell did you get your hands on those vehicles? :huh:

intercepter as in a 2002 crown vic bodied police intercepter it says intercepter on the back of the body wher it would usualy say crown vic

'Interceptor'...it's the Crown Vic police package.

CV as in civilian? naaaa we borrowed one from the state

and no we havent been caught yet

CV= Crown Victoria. So you stole a state police car?

no video game in real life these cars were compared in hardcore chase situation, we alternated driving each one and tested the capabilities this is factual stuff as far as it goes

Riiiiiiiight... Edited by moltar

huh? how the hell did you get your hands on those vehicles? :huh:

'Interceptor'...it's the Crown Vic police package.

CV= Crown Victoria. So you stole a state police car?

Riiiiiiiight...

alright get past your whining about how i aquired the vehicles

the county cops are all the 2002 impalas so theyre nothing to compare a GTO agianst

the car was borrowed from the man, he gave his keys to the bartender i went in showed my badge and he gave me the keys to the car, thats how i go it, my friend bought the GTO with his own money, hes in real estate

andmaybe not hardcore chase scenario but a highspeed low traffic comparison to see if they could keep up with one another

Gee I see a theme here...  :rolleyes:

Hope you still wore the helmet on the ATV  :rolleyes:

Yes... A theme. :D

As for a helmet? Well, I've been riding since I was 7 and I have never wrecked or been thrown off. When I ride without a helmet, I take it easy regardless. So... Nope, no helmet. You can't go nude without leaving the helmet behind, too. :P

There's no way an interceptor beats a GTO in a drag, much less a turbo one. Turbo GTO's can easily break into the 10s, and I don't think there's any interceptor that can do that.

hey thats how it turned out, it may have been that i can drive better but i doubt it thats how it turned out i dont think its in the 10;s but its def close to 12 i dunno the intercepters are pretty hot as far as all out torque and speed

I've driven an Interceptor package Crown Vic, and an LS2 GTO, both stock, and the Vic couldn't even keep up with a stock LS2 GTO, much less one that has had the top end of the engine modded and a turbo thrown on. You're talking about up to a 165+HP advantage plus the IRS and better tires which combine for better traction, and 400 lbs. less weight. NO WAY an Interceptor Vic can even come close.

Either that cop has one souped up car, or someone was getting sleepy from being out so late!! :lol:

Crown Victoria Interceptor Specifications :

Price Range : Only sold to law enforcement agencies. Used ones

available at police auctions.

Engine : V8, SOHC, front engine RWD

Displacement : 4,600 cc

Valve : 16 valves, 2 valves per cylinder

Transmission : 4-spd automatic

Fuel economy : city - 16 mpg

highway - 22 mpg

Horsepower : 235 hp - 300hp depending on year

Torque : 275 - 300 lb-ft depending on year

0-60 mph : 7.0 - 8.7 sec. depending on year

Curb Weight : 4020 lbs

Overall length : 212.0 in.

Wheelbase : 114.7 in.

Overall Width : 78.2 in.

Height : 56.8 in.

www.ford.com

Edited by funkypunnk

I sincerely hate to say it but there is no way that a Crown Victoria could keep up with that GTO unless someone was really taking it easy or didn't how in the hell to drive. I've driven enough Police Interceptors (I'm friends with one too many cops, state troopers, and county sheriffs) and they're fast sure, but they're big, heavy, four door cars, they weren't mean for drag racing at all, they were meant to be safe, dependable, transportation for police officers and the criminals that are stuffed into the back seat, sure they're put through hell in their lives, but they aren't drag cars.

Yup... a stock GTO would walk away from a Crown Vic in a flash. I mean you're dealing wiht a full size BOF car with 4.6 liters versus a 5.7 liter unibody coupe with a much less parasitic drivetrain.

This is like comparing a new BMW M5 to a Cadillac DTS. Not even close.

well hey thats how it turned out i was the one in the intercepter in the drag he didnt want me taking his down the strip cuz he said that he didnt trust me not to spin the tires down to metal

maybe he sucks maybe i know how to manipulate an auto better than him cuz both were auto but man thats how it turned out hah

but ill def say that the gto was uncomparable in my opinion to the intercepter as far as driving when i drove the gto i blew him away like mad but not on the strip