G6 'Vert on Pontiac.com

Not putting the stick in it is a really stupid move, especially with the reduced power. Still one of the better looking 'verts out there.

Two of the interior pics were obviously pulled straight from the sedan section. You'd think they would cheap out on web development like that. So obvious by the power window switch.

And how come power adjustable pedals isn't available on the GTP? I thought it's only unavailable if manual is ordered?

Edited by ToniCipriani

Well... this is one dorky looking car. The proportions are completely wrong, much moreso than the coupe. The rear half is just laughable, and not just because of the proportions, but the styling attached to it as well. It just leaves me speechless, actually... I mean, thought the coupe was bad. This? ...Wow.

Just another reason why Pontiac needs me. :D

I had heard that the wood would (haha hate saying it like that) never make it...unfortunately I was dead wrong and so where people I speak with.

Wood in a Pontiac...HMMMM that makes about as much sense as a 4 speed in a modern Cadillac.

Just pitiful.

Furthermore....I want to know why the center stack has not been changed since the vehicles introduction when GM has admitted it's the weak point of the vehicle (interior, center stack, etc). I know first hand a GM exec does not like the center stack and has told me more than a year ago!

Well... this is one dorky looking car. The proportions are completely wrong, much moreso than the coupe. The rear half is just laughable, and not just because of the proportions, but the styling attached to it as well. It just leaves me speechless, actually... I mean, thought the coupe was bad. This? ...Wow.

Just another reason why Pontiac needs me. :D

Meh, the G6 convertible is one of those cars that I try really, really hard to like, but I just can't get myself to do so.

I know I'm in the minority...but I actually like the vert...It has some MAJOR flaws...but I still like it. Also...I thought that the pics were rip offs (obviously the one with the guy shifting the 6 speed is) because of the four window switches...but in the 360 view, it has 4 switches also...maybe the rear two windows roll down seperately...or they just did some really clever editing...

Edited by PONTIAC06

My favorite is still the coupe, preferably GXP grade. I am with BV, the proportions are fairly raw, especially from the rear 3/4 view and side profile. It looks too front-heavy.

Oh well, there is always the next-gen.

Not putting the stick in it is a really stupid move, especially with the reduced power. Still one of the better looking 'verts out there.

I think eventually there will be one. I found this read in the manual for the DIC error messages:

"(TOP NOT ALLOWED) ...If your vehicle has a retractable hardtop with a manual transaxle, this message will display if the retractable hardtop button is pressed while the parking brake is not set and/or the vehicle's speed is greater than 2 mph (3 km/h)..."

Edited by ToniCipriani

• 1 month later...

You know which G6 I like best? This one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can you imagine how ell the G6 would sell if it looked this good? The concept is a sexy beast, the production model is meh...it's ok, but lame compared to the concept. Maybe the next gen will look just like the G6 concept, with the 285 hp supercharged V6. Then Pontiac would have an awesome sedan. :thumbsup:

The coupe I don't care for, it looks like a Camry Salora from the back and in overall profile. It looks stupid from the front as far as proportions go. Bleh.

and why oh why is their wood trim in a Pontiac?!?! It should be metal/metallic...the idiocy at GM never ends. :banghead: