Escalade to carry price tag of $57,280

Northstar

It should definitely have a screen standard. You know I really feel for that price tag there is nothing special about this car like a 5-series or M45 of this price range would have. A standard color screen would go some way of resolving that feeling.

I agree about the screen. The stack looks very empty without it, too empty. And its not like GM doesn't have experience in making touch-sensitive CRT displays. If not NAV, give it some cool, dynamic radio readout with some IR or Bluetooth capability so you can upload some address book/planner/calendar thing on it.

Lexus LX470 starts at $67,990 and the Range Rover starts at $74,285. The 300hp Lincoln Navigator Ultimate is $55,285. I don't think the pricing is bad.. with or without the Navigation being standard.

If buyers want it, they'll check the option box without a second thought. But honestly, I think it will be more difficult to find an Escalade without the Navigation instead of finding it with one.

One thing is for sure, Cadillac didn't go cheap on the new Escalade. It shows.

Though it isn't cheap, the Escalade has always been the one GM SUV model that never really needed much of any discounts to move...people who want and can afford one, are going to buy one, regardless.

At least now, with the stunning difference in refinement and build quality, the sticker will actually seem a lot more fitting. Expensive, but that's what a Caddy is supposed to be :AH-HA_wink:

On the other hand, I still think the Tahoe and Yukon could drop a grand or two...

Edited by caddycruiser

It should definitely have a screen standard. You know I really feel for that price tag there is nothing special about this car like a 5-series or M45 of this price range would have. A standard color screen would go some way of resolving that feeling.

dunno about the current 5er, but the last generation didnt have standard nav.

dunno about the current 5er, but the last generation didnt have standard nav.

They're talking about just the screen being there still. A lot of cars, like those mentioned, rather than having 2 completely different sets of center stack parts, just use the same screen for Nav and non-Nav cars, the latter just not having the Nav funtion, and instead just having things like a clock readout, temp, etc.

They're talking about just the screen being there still.  A lot of cars, like those mentioned, rather than having 2 completely different sets of center stack parts, just use the same screen for Nav and non-Nav cars, the latter just not having the Nav funtion, and instead just having things like a clock readout, temp, etc.

last gen 5 series didnt have the screen at all w/o nav...nobody seemed to criticize that. I'd say the escalade is a leap over any other luxury competition in its class, and that warrants that type of price tag, which is relatively competitive.

Well, I think the Escalade is absolutely beautiful... however, I HATE that clock on the dash! Ugh!

Also, what's going on with the instrument cluster? In some pics on the cadillac site, it's white digits with blue needles, and in one pic, it's blue digits with blue needles. Which is it?