Saw My First SKY

Guest Josh

It was red, just about two minutes ago. I took the Solstice for a spin, hopped on the eway to "air dry" it and bam..I look over see this red car approaching. Not a bad looking vehicle at all. It was obviously a GM vehicle, I hit the on ramp at 80 but when I saw the SKY I hit the brakes just to catch a glimpse.

Not bad, although I still prefer the sexy lines of the Solstice to the bulkyness of the SKY.

So the Sky is in dealers? Cool.

Not bad, although I still prefer the sexy lines of the Solstice to the bulkyness of the SKY.

I'm a little torn between the styling of the Sky and the Solstice. I love the purity of the Solstice, the minimalism- it would make a great contrast parked next to my bulky, "armor-clad" GTP (I call it armor, leave me alone :P ). Plus it's a Pontiac. But I love the lines and angular sculpting of the Sky. Hmmm, I'll have to think about it before I don't buy either because I can't afford to. :(

I prefer a good combination of the two (ahem, Camaro concept)

However, my first was red too.

Me too. The Solsitce is gorgeous, but the sharp lines of the Sky also look darn good...a combo of the two would be perfect.

I have yet to see a sky in person but first time I saw a solstice I and a simluar reaction. I was taking a left turn at an intersection and a silver solstice was at the light to my right. Lucky I didn't look too long or I might have hit something.

But from the pictures I love the bold look of the Sky more but I'll hold off till I see one in person and since the pontaic and saturn dealerships are right next door to eachother I could just walk over and compare. The Pontiac dealership has a red solstice on the lot and the only grip I have about it is the grill looks cheep IMO. If it were a black metal with chrome trim (simular to what the G6 has) I would really set it appart I think(maybe that's avaiable through aftermarket or gm accessories).

Edited by Decka

Silver Graphite with black top and {black &} red leather interior

This is the color combination I'm going to order on my SKY. :D

Mach5GTP Posted Yesterday, 06:46 PM

So the Sky is in dealers? Cool.

No, not yet. Josh must have seen one of the engineering cars or an executive car pool vehicle (plenty of them have been spotted or pictured in the Detroit suburbs since late December). I'm still waiting for my image to become available (there's a constraint on the auto trans - it's whats holding up my purchase/order). Saturn dealers are all receiving one for STOCK, to be used as test-drive vehicles and so that customers can order their own. Dealers were given their images back around January 6th - those still have not been made yet. Guesses and rumors abound on the next date images will be sent to dealers. I'm patiently waiting, but it's getting harder and harder every day :(

I see Skys all the time now, they are mostly M plate cars. They are all over at work too(GM). I did see one by my house the other day at the local cvs store and I jumped out to look at it anyway and some old lady was like "whats that?" and I said "its a Saturn" she was like "are you serious I've never seen a Saturn that looked like that before". She was pretty amazed all in all. The funny thing was more people started looking at it after that too. Very cool car!