Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Exclusive: 2007 Chrysler Sebring Revealed

14 posts in this topic

Exclusive: 2007 Chrysler Sebring Revealed

Date posted: 02-03-2006

DETROIT — Chrysler is preparing a full redesign of its midsize Sebring sedan for model-year 2007, with all-new sheet metal and a completely revamped cabin.

The next-generation Sebring, which goes into production this fall, will be built on a new platform and reportedly will share some underbody components with several Mitsubishi vehicles, including the new Outlander and Lancer.

The base Sebring this fall is expected to share the new global four-cylinder engines from the upcoming Jeep Compass and Dodge Caliber, with an optional V6 also available.

Chrysler is dropping the Sebring coupe but will introduce a redesigned Sebring convertible in spring 2007, using many of the same chassis and driveline components from the new Sebring sedan.

What this means to you: Never competitive with Honda and Toyota, Chrysler hopes the next-generation Sebring sedan will finally give it more muscle in the midsize segment.

Link: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109179

---

Picture at link but I'll tell you right now that the title is misleading.

Um, hey Edmunds, anything midsize is competitive with the Accord and Camry. The correct way of stating it would be that it competed poorly.

When will someone make a decent midsize sedan with RWd for under $22,000? Now that would be a way to win enthusisats/traditionalists hearts.

Cough, COUGH-Kappa-cough!

YUCK! UGLY CAR ALERT!

this sebring will sell worse than the current one

that aura keeps lookin better

Edited by regfootball

Something tells me they're going to look quite "clunky", and not nearly as svelte and nicely trimmed as the current models do. Plus, DCX interiors lately just seem to keep going down grade after grade with every new intro (save for the Aspen, which is very nice)...and from the older spy pics that showed a glimpse of the dash, it didn't look so hot.

A higher level of refinement will be terrific, but things like the interior quality NEED to go up considerably if its ever going to have any considerable sales numbers...something the current car never achieved.

The rest of the body does remind me of a larger Ion but the front end looks pretty good IMO.

Looks very simular to the Airflite concept

Posted Image

The rest of the body does remind me of a larger Ion but the front end looks pretty good IMO.

Looks very simular to the Airflite concept

Posted Image

Airflite was nice... too bad Chrysler abandoned it for chunky bricks.

I bet it'll look good, but I don't like the ION-esque greenhouse..

Spy pictures don't do justice. I remember a while ago several spied vehicles have fake greenhouses.

So just wait till the final product.

I hope it will be good looking, even if it is a bit angular, this is possible. I've always liked the looks of the cloud cars, and I'm sorry, but I really don't see anything that any other 1996 mid-size sedan can offer that would be important to me that my Breeze can't. Fuel economy? 31 mpg. Check. Reliability? Check. Space? Check. Syle? Check. Adequate interior? Check.