NYIAS 2010

I wouldn't expect anything extraordinary from a company in GM's current state, and the economic outlook likely isn't helping either. GM is better off putting their time, money and effort into cars that will make it onto the lots instead of radical concepts for the moment anyways.

Speaking of New York. I'm on the fence about whether I want to go up tomorrow or not.

Given the lack of new product shown off at NYIAS I wouldn't. I enjoyed Chicago but a big part of that was I was looking at the new Regal for someone in my family, and wanted to see the PPV up close.

Well I was hoping for a peek at some upcoming production iron.

I want to see all these new RWD refreshed Zeta's *were supposed to get, recall the 2012 Chevrolet SS?* and PCS promise of Pontiac coming back, come true.

Edited by gm4life

Time they have... Just not more than a year or two... Because in a year or two I hope to be crusing around in a V8 powered fullsize RWD car and if GM doesn't have one, I'll have to buy a Mopar. (If I can get a back room deal on PPV fine, but if I can't then screw it, I'll reward the company that has what I want!)

Edited by gm4life

I went to the show last Sat as I have for 5 of the last 6 years (2005, 06, 08, 09, 10). GM's display was far better than last year (not like it was hard to top last years pathetic display).

For products, most consumers hadn't yet seen the Regal/GS, Cruze, CTS coupe, or CTS Wagon. I walked away from the show thinking that for the first time I was proud of the GM products they had. My 1st autoshow in 2005 GM had the old Deville, LeSabre, Grand Am, Cavalier...you get the picture. In 2005 it seemed like everything GM had on the display was already past its expiration date.

I was very happy to see the public was interested at the GM displays. Even the Buick displays, which is typically dead had a crowd around the Lacrosse and Regal GS.

I went on Monday and like your sentiments ocnblu, was disappointed by the lack of new product reviews and missing show vehicles (no XTS, no PPV, limited 2011 HD trucks on display). But I was happy to see the GMC Granite concept vehicle and the Buick Regal GS show car, and get to sit in the Cruze and Regal CXL cars. This year's GMC display was the biggest & best I've ever seen in NYC, and I've gone to every NYIAS since 1995.

the PPV was there. Did you just miss it?

Where was it? It'll admit I wasn't in the Chevy area long due to the large crowds, spent most of my time there checking out the cruze's. Damn, I hope they removed it after the media days b/c I'll be mad that I missed it (it was the one car I really wanted to see there).