Guys night out

Satty

With all due respect, it's not a bad car, dude...used to have a co worker who had the ragtop version of that car and just freakin loved it...I was being sarcastic more than anything, but since no one around here uses sarcasm...

BTW, now that you have lived with them awhile, do you and the Mrs. still like the MINI and the TDI Sport Wagon?

Love 'em both. Jill has been taking the TDI 3-4 days a week and has been getting insanely good mileage, low to mid 40's. The only thing keeping that car from being a perfect roadtripmobile is the lack of a DVD player for the kid. Thats going to have to come before we move this summer, 18 hours through the most boring parts of America isn't really something I expect a 3 year old to handle with grace. My only complaint about the Cooper is that it isn't a convertible. Both cars have had minor thais-and-that issues, nothing too bad, the Jetta was at the dealership for a couple hours earlier this year because the seat quit moving while the Cooper had some strange electrical thing pop up while it was being stored for a couple of months, when we pulled it out of storage, the windows wouldn't roll down. Everything worked fine. The dealership sent a flatbed to pick it, did some hocus pocus and she picked it up a few days later, everything working fine.

A couple of other car related notes from the winter. My dad's Beetle is finally out of my f'n garage. There is still a fair bit of body and interior work, but the car is practically brand new, mechanically. Its so cool, I want one for myself. Also, late last year Jill started getting nervous about driving the Cooper on summer tires in $h!ty winter weather (not sure why, when she picked it up she drove it home in a freaking blizzard) so we started looking at getting winter tires, and it was going to run about a grand for an acceptable wheel/tire combo. So instead, we parked it away for a little while and I bought a '91 Century for $300 and used it as a beater. It needed rotors/pads/rear shocks and front tires but in total the car was street legal for under $500. A guy I know through work was in desperate need of a car, but didn't really have the money to buy one, so I told him I'd trade him the Century for a copy of MLB 2K10 for the Wii. I even paid for the fresh inspection, so all he had to pay was the title/plate fees, so he got a car that will run just about forever for less than $80.

Awesome! It can't be a British car without at least one electrical gremlin (Cooper.)

You and Jill are enjoying two of my fav. modern cars. as for the Cooper not being a ragtop...two words..Mustang ragtop...two more...weekend driver...

Chris

There are problems with a weekend driver. First, we're going to be moving this summer, so adding another car right now would be a really bad idea. The second problem is that we're leaning towards a condo instead of a house when we get out to Arlington (we're going out in a couple of weeks to look at a couple of places and hopefully make a decision) so parking for a superfluous car isn't in the foreseeable future.

Thirdly, if I were going to get a weekender, it would either be a Jeep or an MG.

1st thing the title made me think of was the Dave Chapelle skit called "Guy's Night Out" that spoofs modern beer commercials. I can see Satty in that scenario. LoL

One of my life time best friends was one of my best friends from high school. He's chinese, and his mother is an award winning chinese chef, trained in China. You ahven't eaten real Chinese food until you've eaten real chinese food...

Also...Satty...if your ever in Columbus, I can take you to a great hole in the wall thai resteraunt that uses no MSG...good food...actually great food...and cheap.

Enjoy the TDI, the Cooper, and Jill.

Chris