Riders on the storm

Camino LS6

Good luck Camino. We're still snowless on Long Island so far. maybe I'll make this Monster Jam thing after all. I'll be thinking of you.

I got in from shoveling about 30 minutes ago and had myself a bowl of clam chowder. We received about 16 inches outside of Philadelphia and it is still snowing lightly. Last night it was like a blizzard with the winds. We even had some snow thunder, very weird.

Move west to the Canadian foothills in the Shadow of the Rocky Mountains...we are having a heatwave.  Beautiful sunny July weather.

We're out on the patios today.  It's been crazy warm for about 3 months.  Oh, and no snow.

Same here (So Cal)... It's supposed to hit the 80's in San Diego!

This one's going down in the record books.

Central Park's total was 23" at the last recording, making this storm the second highest on record. We're currently at just under 22" here in lower Westchester, and it's still snowing moderately. This morning brought widespread blizzard conditions, and there was even quite a bit of thunder and lightning late last night.

Forecasters were really off with the initial snowfall forecasts. I'll have pictures up later today.

Edited by Bimmer325

update on the snow, we got about 15" here in the Main line, Camino called me at 0800, needing a tow (he fell off a driveway, with bad tires i might add) luckly his brother was nearby with the capability to yank him out, i spent 2 hours trying to get a hold of my other employeer to see if the store was open, and did not find out until 15min before i had to be there. and of course with all snow storms, i get a slew of stupid questions, and way too many idiots on the roads...oh well another one down, 50,000,000 more to go!

Believe it or not, some heavier bands of snow have been moving through in the last hour or so, even though the storm is supposed to be winding down. Snow emergencies have been declared around the region, and school districts are already beginning to cancel classes for Monday. I doubt I'll be that lucky but we'll see.