Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

GM to Make Important Michigan Manufacturing

link to article

FOR RELEASE: 2006-02-13

GM to Make Important Michigan Manufacturing Announcement

GM will make an important announcement regarding five of its Michigan manufacturing locations

When:

Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2:00 p.m.

Note:

Media crews – please arrive by 1:30 p.m. for check-in and ample time for equipment set-up (see directions to plant below).

Where:

GM’s Pontiac Centerpoint Campus – Central Building

2000 Centerpoint Parkway

Pontiac, MI 48341

(former location of the GM Truck Product Center)

Who:

Joe Spielman, vice president and general manager of GM North America Manufacturing

Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm

L. Brooks Patterson – Oakland County Executive

Robert Ficano – Wayne County Executive

Clarence Phillips – Mayor of Pontiac

Directions To GM’s Centerpoint Campus Central Building From Detroit/South of Pontiac

North on I-75

Exit I-75 at Square Lake Road (you’ll travel on Square Lake Road for approx. ½ mile)

Once on Square Lake Road, stay in the far right lane and exit to Opdyke

Cross over Opdyke Road, and you’ll be on Centerpoint Parkway.

Follow Centerpoint Parkway around to 2000 Centerpoint Parkway (turn left at the 2nd light into the main entrance driveway)

Follow “Event Parking” signs to visitor parking lot.

Enter Pontiac Centerpoint Campus – Center at the main lobby.

Press conference located in Cliff Vaughan conference room.

The posibilities are endless.

Who wants to start the most ridiculous rumor?

I say that GM is going to sell all the plants to Toyota and go non union.

Or.

GM has discovered the long hidden design papers for the Fish carburetor. Every car GM sells will have one and get 75 mpg and two thousand horsepower.

Hey... No joke guys, this month's Motor Trend asserts that Toyota's "Goodwill" in opening a facility in Michigan will 1) reduce animosity toward the company (a.k.a. screw detroit some more) and 2) Persuade the "Motown Insiders" to give the new Tundra glowing press.

No joke... It's actually printed in there this month!

No, it's for Camaro fans to date the Camaro.

Remember this?

I just want to rip off all that canvas and tape and have sex wiht this thing. I hope it spawns at least two RWD models for each American GM division. Buick, Pontiac, Chevy & Saturn!

Edited by ToniCipriani

http://online.wsj.com/public/us

General Motors is expected to announce it will spend $500 million to upgrade five Michigan facilities, bringing good news to a state hit hard by job cuts and plant closings.

http://www.forbes.com/business/healthcare/.../ap2523175.html

The Wall Street Journal reported on its Web site that GM was expected to announce it will spend $500 million to upgrade the five sites, which include two assembly plants, one metal stamping plant and two powertrain facilities.

These would be Genuine New announcements? Not reannouncing the HFV6 for Flint? Or The X22f for Warren? Or the Lambdas for Delta Township?

Something new For D-Ham or Orion would be Genuine.

I hope It's not just a "Hey Look at me" event. Where they reannounce stuff, in a panic over Toyotas move into Michigan.

Edited by Ghost Dog