Merc X3 Fighter

mphmag

I wouldn't say "way in the future" remember how much quicker development time is these days.

yes it is a car body on the 4x4 suspension. Expect it to look like a cross between a CLS and Infiniti FX.

I'd say they get it out before 2010. C series should be next year this should be year after that.

"Heh, there is no way they are going to call it "MLK""

SL & SLK, ML & MLK, seems to make sense. It's the kurtz (short} version of the ML.

Remember, this is the same company that introduced the Active Sound System and Pnuematische Motoren Stuerungen! (I'm not certain of the German spelling but you get the idea.) :rolleyes:

Oh I know it fits the naming scheme. That said, still no way its going to be "MLK"

Too Late! Someone got lucky!

Typed Drawing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Mark MLK 230

Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: automobiles and structural parts therefore

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING

Design Search Code

Serial Number 75260205

Filing Date March 19, 1997

Current Filing Basis 44E

Original Filing Basis 1B;44D

Published for Opposition April 13, 1999

Registration Number 2258458

Registration Date July 6, 1999

Owner (REGISTRANT) MERCEDES-BENZ AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT CORPORATION FED REP GERMANY 70327 Stuttgart FED REP GERMANY

Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED

Attorney of Record V T GIORDANO

Priority Date September 26, 1996

Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "230" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN

Type of Mark TRADEMARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Edited by evok

I wonder if the King estate will sue. Seriously, they're pretty letigious over those use of the late MLK's image, likeness, speeches, etc.

They'd (the King estate) probably lose a suit over an acronym. Do they even claim any rights to MLK? Seems more like something people have gotten used to using rather than an official acronym for Martin Luther King. Besides, they're not in "competition". It's like how 2 businesses can have very simmilar names if they aren't in competition.

I remember back in the early-to mid 90s when BMW was running X5-mechanical prototypes that were nothing more than old-style 5-series wagons on top of waht looked like K5 Blazer frames. :P

That swooping-yet-chunky rear quarter panel makes me think '99 Charger concept-meets-Celica.

Edited by Sixty8panther

I want to first commercial to say, "I have a dream that one day my four little children will one day take the corners with confidence and aggression in all weather" with a voiceover at the end announcing "Thank God Almightly, 2.9% APR to qualified buyers at last!"