cletus8269

a big thank you

9 posts in this topic

cletus8269    69

to all the vets here on C&G's. Thank you all for your service. happy memorial day everyone. take time to thank a service man or woman. remember those that served and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

*reads this from work and gets a grump on*

I'm not knocking your holiday or disrespecting the military in any way, but I just need something clarified... How is Memorial Day different from Rememberance Day?

RjION    59

*reads this from work and gets a grump on*

I'm not knocking your holiday or disrespecting the military in any way, but I just need something clarified... How is Memorial Day different from Rememberance Day?

Well for one thing it's not also known as Poppy Day, Armistice Day, or Veterans Day.

Semper-Fi

Intrepidation    848

Veterans Day is dedicated to vets who are still alive, Memorial Day is dedicated to veterans who have died. However you can't thank the dead for their service, you can remember them though.

• Upvote 1

ocnblu    773

My grandparents called it Decoration Day, because folks would decorate the graves of service members who fell in service to our country.

CSpec    515

I took a stroll through Arlington Cemetery on Saturday. It was quite a sight to see every headstone adorned with a little American flag.

daves87rs    349

I took a stroll through Arlington Cemetery on Saturday. It was quite a sight to see every headstone adorned with a little American flag.

It's a sight to see....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.