Slowly, But Surely

Cory Wolfe

About one month ago, this was my driveway:

017-2.jpg

Since then, the Cobalt was deemed a total loss, my brother's friend no longer practically lives with us (the Grand Prix in the pic), I bought that Olds, and now today, I sold the Millenia for paltry $200. Someone got a pretty good deal if they do all the work it needs.

A few random other car related things... My brother hit a deer with his Alero.

116.jpg

My Mom is officially looking for a Sunfire replacement. She'd like to find something with low mileage that's newer and fuel efficient. We did find an 02 Cavalier with 50k for $3k, but the seller never contacted us back, so I figure it's sold. Also found a 99 Cutlass with 47k for $2k, though it looks like it has more than a few issues. I, personally, came across this one and think it would be a great car for her, considering my infinite amount of parts, more than it could ever possibly need. Plus, it's the limited edition Trek, which has some upgrades over other 2.0 Jettas.

023-5.jpg

Aaaaand finally, the Golf is officially inspected. It only took 9 months... :P

025-6.jpg

golfie2.jpg

Started life as dented up beater with a tan interior and now its a slightly less dented up beater with a black interior. Somehow, after all that work I did, it really doesn't seem like much was accomplished. I might start a build thread to detail all the changes. I'm not entirely sure it was all worth the effort in the first place, though. Sounds extensive on paper... or a forum. Not so much in person where alot of the work is trivialized. Sure, I did this, and I did that, but I didn't really "fix" it. My biggest issue is the front end alignment. I may have to take it down to Ocnblu. *nods*

Just to list everything:

-Replaced hatch

-Replaced front and rear bumpers

-Replaced left front fender

-Replaced bumper support

-Replaced headlights and taillights

-Replaced grill

-Switched out steel wheels for factory alloy wheels

-Added factory fog lights including: fog lights, wiring harness, relay, and fog light capable headlight switch

-Added factory roof mounted amplified antenna.

-Added aftermarket stereo with component speakers and Sirius.

-Added factory keyless alarm with dash-mounted lock button

-Switched out tan "beaver" interior for black interior including: seats, carpet, floor mats, shift knob, lower and upper A, B, and C pillar plastics, hatch shelf, hatch plastics, and door panels.

-Switched out 2-piece door/console mounted seat belts for single pillar mounted seatbelts

-Replaced radiator

-Replaced front struts

-Replaced front brakes

-Replaced thermostat, coolant reservoir, and switched to factory VW coolant.

Next up on my list is to replace the fuel pump and switch out the brand new tires from the steel wheels onto my alloy wheels. I also bought an aftermarket exhaust for it, but I may or may not use it.

Edited by blackviper8891

Needs more photos!

Too bad about the Millenia. Had I known you were selling it for so little I might have made the rip down to get it...it would have made a good winter beater.

I wasn't planning on it. I had it listed for $500... but everyone was lowballing me, complaining about the work it would need. Some guy had the nerve to offer me $100 to which I replied that I could easily get more by scrapping it. I lost alot of money, but I wasn't going to do anything with it and my Dad has been on my case about my lawn ornaments killing the grass. :P