New Attack on Fort Escalade

jrockb4

The GL lost any trace of individuality it had with this latest redesign.

Appearance-wise, it's now little more than a swolen M-Class.

I'd say the Escalade is safe.

I guess it's was the original press shots featured on the MB site that turned me against the GL. While the image Variance posted looks much better, the following make it look like a cheap Chinese knockoff. Either way, I think the Escalade offers far more striking exterior. The one I saw last week simply had presence, unlike this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyone see some heavy Grand Cherokee influence in Variance's shot?

The GL lost any trace of individuality it had with this latest redesign. 

Appearance-wise, it's now little more than a swolen M-Class. 

I'd say the Escalade is safe.

Not a redesign, the GL-Class is in addition to the G-Class, which continues in production by Magna-Steyr (originally Austro-Daimler) as it always has.

the classic G-class will always have presence and style. it's really well done.

the new gl-class...well i agree with bimmer in that the shots he posted above are terrible and really do make it look chinese and overdone. the ml straddles that line of being finely detailed and overdone, and does it perfectly, the looks are terrific. the gl with its extra length is less convincing. the shot variance posted is really flattering though.

and yes, i see the Grand cherokee influence as well, i think it's mostly in the d-pillar and the overall shape of the greenhouse.