I now own a true "stovebolt" Chevy

About a month ago, I found an antique Chevy for sale on Craigslist, and, it was not far from my house. My wife and I went to look at it, and, ended up buying it. Its a 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster 2 door Town Sedan in really nice shape. Under its hood is the original 48 90 HP inline 216 CID 6. It's fully equipped for its time - has a radio, heater/defroster, and a clock - all original. We've had her at 5 local car shows so far, and, scored a couple of trophies. I'm enjoying wrenching on and driving a car that was built when I was 2 years old.

Regards:

Oldengineer

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. Its very enjoyable - motoring along in this old veteran Chevy. She's not quick, nor, does she have much top end. With only 90 HP on tap, and, a 4:11 rear end, you have to settle for some pretty relaxed cruising. Been to 5 local car shows so far, and, I've yet to see another stock 40's vintage Chevy.

Regards:

Oldengineer

• 3 weeks later...

Wow ... very nice! Congratulations ... and WELCOME, Oldengineer!

:)

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Rt 66+northwestUS, 2011?

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm taking a chance" ... Lifehouse ... 'First Time'

Wow ... very nice! Congratulations ... and WELCOME, Oldengineer!

:)

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Rt 66+northwestUS, 2011?

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm taking a chance" ... Lifehouse ... 'First Time'

Thanks. This Saturday I loaded my 9 year old grandson in the 48, and, we took her to a "Secret Santa" cruise in. It was about a 10 mile run up the interstate from my house, and, he was loving it. Neat thing was - I ran across the guy that had actually restored my car. As I pulled up to the check in table to drop off my toy donation, he recognized the car. Had a nice conversation with him about everything that had been done to it.

You never know what's going to show up at these little local cruise-ins here - a little sports car with a prancing red horse logo on it showed up after I got there. I don't think many people even realized what it was. Anyway, it was an enjoyable afternoon - 93 assorted antiques, muscle cars, hot rods, and a Ferrari.

Regards:

Oldengineer