I'm so pissed!

No high speed internet for me. :banghead:

Verizon hasn't upgraded the lines here yet -so that's out. So I call Comcast, which is like saying I called China, you end up talking with a bazillion people who don't talk to each other just to get a rough idea of what it takes to get service. So they send this guy out to "survey" the job - I hear nothing for days. Today, I get a letter via snail mail to tell me that these criminals want $875.00 just to run a few hundred feet of cable to my house! Then, they expect me to pay them at least another $50.00 per month for as long as I want service!

Can you say "BITE ME"?

Im on the SBC yahoo DSL for 14.95 a month until this august then it goes to 25.

But I talk to americans when i call comcast but they only scam me for TV i still pay like $40 bucks for not even 90 channels. I might go with WOW soon.

Oh. yeah since AOL is all done in INDIA its so hard to understand. but I payd $5 a month for AOL and still due as a back up system on the GM plan for AOL.

(I think im on that Verizon wireless internet with my lap top right now god a i hate laptops)

My family recently switched our Internet over to Verizon DSL as well as our long distance, local service, cell phones and soon our televisions. Much better service and apparently you get some good discounts for having everything with them.

Good luck!

Can you get wireless at your place or not?

Hah! My cell phone barely works here.

Thanks for the links,Variance - I learned a bit. Sounds like the cost is about on a par with cable. Damn, I wish Verizon would upgrade our lines so this wasn't so bloody expensive.

well down here at school, high speed is provided in the dorms, but back at home, we live out in the country and our local provider (just a company that provides phone, cable, and internet for the northeast corner on north dakota) has set up towers that send out a signal, and then our modem picks it up and uses it. Just as fast as DSL and the same price as DSL, about 40 bucks a month with modem rental, which is pretty good for living in the middle of nowhere out here in ND. Are there any local providers near you, I guess that is all there is around here.

wait until those house behind you go up. you think they are going to settle with dial up??? that's when you make your move!

Could be, but waiting isn't really an option. Besides, those idiots have more money than brains and would pay Concast's extortion fees.

hehe. Okay, Comcast by far isn't the best, but it works.

What we did is we first had cable TV and internet. Well, we got smart. We unhooked the cable TV and kept the cable internet. So, now we have all the channels we used to (minus the PPV channels) and internet for only the price of internet.