Sign in to follow this  
balthazar

wazzis sports car?

:stupid:  not to me... the original tucker was a lot taller then that... also it was a 4door...

Concept Tucker.

The concept drawing Tucker produced were a lot different from the 50 Tucker Torpedos acutally produced.

Concept Tucker.

The concept drawing Tucker produced were a lot different from the 50 Tucker Torpedos acutally produced.

i see... i watched a documentary of the thing... the guy was a genious but... this didnt really hit me as a tucker... although it does have the lights on each wheel that he wanted to have rotate as you drive... and the light in the middle

#4 is the 1955 Tucker Carioca, the sports car Preston Tucker envisioned in Brazil. Here's the proof:

Posted Image

Tucker moved to Brazil sometime shortly after the trial in 1950; he later died of lung cancer there in 1956. While this car was never built (although that picture sure does seem like one was built), it was his second dream car based off of the highboy hot rods of his time.

For more info, and a company building one, check this site

i know this isnt what they are... but the first and second ones look like really long hooded C3 vettes

Hey, MM! That your 'bu in your sig? Nice.

#2- correct: the Corvette-powered Cheetah.

#1, #3 & #5 still up for grabs. Where's Hudson?

#1 looks similar to an Astra X300 GT kit car (but there are subtle differences), #2 is the Cheetah, #3 is a 1960 LaDawri kit, #4 is the Tucker concept, and #5 is a Woodill Wildfire (the first production car with a fiberglass body).

Hudson correctly added #3 & #5, but #1 is still open.

As rare as this car was, there was more than 1 generation of it. I can't say each gen had these features, but 2 notable features of at least 1 of them were mentioned above.

My answer to #1 was going to be a V16 Cheetah. (joking) I have no idea.

#2 is a Cheetah

The rest are all fascinating. I can not beleive I had not heard of the Tucker Highboy! :blink:8)

Hudson threw me until I looked at some reference. For #1 I was looking for 'Kellison', but indeed it is the Kellison Astra J-6. Here's a link to a bunch of pictures of the different models. Neat; I prefer the J-5 myself. Never seen one in person, tho I have seen an unfinished/unrestored LaDawri a few years ago.

http://kellisonpage3.homestead.com/forsale.html

Thanks for playing.

Wow- that was a good one. The only one I got was the Woodhill Wildfire. Which, I believe Dorothy Malone's character drives in "Written on the Wind"

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook