Lucerne 2006 CXL

Lucerne06

I just purchased my Buick Lucerne 2006 CXL. It is the last in a long line of Buicks I have owned for the past 25 years. I can truly say it is not a Buick of the past but a Buick of the future. I could not be more pleased. This is truly a great American Automobile and the finest Buick has produced in my opinion. I am sure many older Buick owners like myself will not feel comfortable in this updated Buick image. However, I think it must be the wave of the future if Buick is to survive. This is truly a tremendous automobile. I have never driven a more quiet, comfortable automobile. Buick and Buick fans should be proud that Buick is finally back on the right track! :cheers::gm_logo:

This is truly a tremendous automobile.  I have never driven a more quiet, comfortable automobile.  Buick and Buick fans should be proud that Buick is finally back on the right track! :cheers:  :gm_logo:

Congratulations! I completely agree! When the time comes, I look forward to replacing my 2003 Park Avenue Ultra with a Lucerne. :thumbsup:

It's awesome to have you here. Welcome! :congrats:

Congratulations on the purchase of your new car!  I hope that you always like as much as you seem to now. 

But I wish you had said "...the latest in a long line of Buicks..." not last ^_^

I was noting it would be my last new purchase of a Buick!

What color did you choose?

I see that you wrote that you were an "older" Buick owner, but -- never say never? -- maybe they'll come out with something in the future that you can't resist. If not, thanks for 25 years' loyalty (somebody should say it and I'm willing to).

And I hope that you get only pleasure from your new Buick.

P.S. - Welcome to Cheers & Gears!

Edited by wildcat

Congrats! Did you get the V6 or V8?

I chose Crimson Pearl. With: V6, Comfort & Convenience Package, Drivers Convenience Package, Luxery Package, Sunroof, 17" Chrome Wheels.

Only one cheap looking item on car that I can find is the Chrome side piece LOOKS to be stuck on with double sided tape. With that one exception it's tops.

Welcome to Cheers and Gears and congratulations on a wonderful sedan! Crimson Metallic is perhaps by favorite GM color. There may very well be a Lucerne in our driveway in the coming years.

Also, if you're interested in writing up a nice review of your car, please feel free and we'll add your Buick to our 'long-term fleet' for reviews!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. We look forward to hearing of your experiances with your new Lucerne in the coming weeks, months, and years. I'm curious if you think the V-6 is adaquate for power and what kind of gas mileage you get with your vehicle.

Again, welcome and keep us posted.

My parents surprised me by announcing a few weeks ago that they replaced their '98 LeSabre with a brand new Lucerne CX. It's a sort of silvery blue. I haven't ridden in or driven it yet, but a brief sit behind the wheel revealed a very nice sedan (and Buick) indeed. I look forward to examining it further in the near future.

Just remember to wear kneepads just in case you happen to impact the rough lower dash area. :P:lol:

Seriously, though, great choice! The color is great, definately the best the Lucerne looks in. I am guessing it came with the tan interior, which I think looks great, too.