Granite LUV truck

ocnblu

Really like the split tailgate, and the hide-away bed sides (provided snow/ice conditions are worked out). More cubbies are always better.

The flip-up 'rack bar' needs some sort of accompanying 'load bar' on the roof tho.

The proportions are pretty good, 110" wheelbase is very short tho. Not sure what the potential market for something this small & utility-focused is.

When the General gets a good Idea like this they need to move on it. For once be a leader vs a follower. The pick up and 5 door would both do very well and give GMC something they really need a small vehicle on a car platform that still could be considered a truck.

Also it gives them something Chevy does not have.

I coulds see this sold world wide as a Chevy in other markets. taylor the trim to each market and it should do well. I see South America loving this one by replacing that little ugly ute they offer now.

O M G . . .

I'm totally in :wub:

Seriously... I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Since I now have a 32-mile one-way commute (64 miles a day), I'd totally rock this GMC Granite LUV as my commuter truck. I was totally in love with the Granite CUV, and would consider that too if offered for sale. But I will always choose a pick-up over anything else if given the opportunity.

GM/GMC, you have to consider the Granite twins for production please!!

One observation - with the bed gates opening flush with the side walls, where is GM planning to put the rear lamp cluster, around the bumper area?

One of the pics showed that the tail lamps wrapped around the corner of the bed gates so that they face rearward when the gates are open.

Pretty cool.

O M G . . .

I'm totally in :wub:

Seriously... I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Since I now have a 32-mile one-way commute (64 miles a day), I'd totally rock this GMC Granite LUV as my commuter truck. I was totally in love with the Granite CUV, and would consider that too if offered for sale. But I will always choose a pick-up over anything else if given the opportunity.

GM/GMC, you have to consider the Granite twins for production please!!

Since this one looks like it has not interior since it has black windows. I wonder if they could fit some small jump seat or even storage space behind the seat. I would love to see this one come to maket as it would have the appeal of a Soul if priced right.

^ That is creative stuff.

I think the doors will not make it if this thing is approved for production, possibly an increase in bed length will be the solution.

I was wondering just like SUV craze, whether GM can start a truck craze by being innovative and forbearer in such ideas put into practice.

They certainly could with a few exciting and innovative entries.

But will they?

That is the exact problem I see with GM - that part somehow remains same old (from the post Roger Smith era). GM needs high strength carbon fiber balls like the steel ones it did in the 50's and 60's.

I see a penta sided attack to the market.

1. Granite truck - 4 pots only
  2. Camino - 4T, 6/T, 8
  3. Colorado replacement - smaller and more efficient 4T, 6/T
  4. 1500 with innovation 6/T, 8
  5. And the flagships - heavy duties 8/T

All the vehicles must have a diesel option. Innovation should proliferate in all the vehicles. Except for the Colorado replacement, all vehicles can be shared for development across the board. However, Colorado replacement can be share across the different markets.

This thing is wicked cool... and now I see the good in the wagon version. It's a micro Sierra and Yukon family.

I think that's a great comparison, and think both versions of the Granite would be big sellers. GM needs to be the first to market for a change (especially beating Scion). The CPU is my own pick, but it would be hard to pass up on the wagon if I was put in that position.

Camino - from your mouth directly to GM's ears would be a great thing here :)

• 4 months later...