Change in basic membership privilages

Due to some abuse by spammers, you are now no longer able to edit your signature (and thus put links in there) until you have over 200 posts or purchase a premium membership. I will update the member options in a moment.

for 99% of you who read this, it won't be an issue for you.

Yeah...I might have to create a new probationary group to put people in that will hold them for 200 posts or so and then automatically upgrade them to full member after that point. This was just something I change spur of the moment last night due to a spammer.

I understand where you are coming from. I had the same problem at Oldsmobile Forums. I had to delete all of that stuff as Admin. Now we do not allow new members to post photos and things like that because of spam. I think it is a good idea. I just never thought it would spread here. I have to post the news here and after I post the news in the morning I then go over to Oldsmobile Forums and check for spam and the like and post any news I may find.

I totally understand.

Yep & Spam spreads everywhere 98 I've found a lot in the early mornings reading your posts spammers get up early it seams that spam is a breakfast dish best served cold :smilewide:

Your posts aren't spam that has been where I've found those replies being spam I read most all of your post in the morn

Edited by 67impss