C&G's Most Cursed - 2010

The Curse hits lots of people every year it seems but I think that this year I am entitled to the bragging rights associated with most cursed. I'd be interested to see if anybody can beat this, it's just been one of those years.

In addition to the two incidents with my 07 Impala this year, there were actually many other curse related incidents I didn't share, and now at the end of the year, totaling the insurance damage, it's something spectacular. This year's total:

APRIL 9, 2010- I was rear ended at a stoplight by a Camry in my 07 Impala causing $1200 in damage requiring a new rear bumper and bumper shroud.

JULY 12, 2010- Biggest hail storm in terms of insurance damage in Canadian History. My 07 Impala was parked indoors at work but all three cars were at home (not very far from where this video was filmed) and sustained damage. The Malibu sustained $4300 damage, the 09 Impala $2400 damage, the now departed Cobalt just $500.

JULY 30, 2010- Some ditsy, mouthy teenager with a minivan full of her brethren rear-ends the 09 Impala in the parking lot of shopping mall in Surrey, BC. Bumper warped and dented, manufactured and repainted to the tune of about $800.

OCTOBER 31, 2010- Parked on the street, my 07 Impala is backed into by a dude with a learners permit driving a GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab. Fender, front bumper and front wheel shroud in addition to wheel alignment... to the tune of $3200

NOVEMBER 25, 2010- 09 Impala parked on street downtown when some idiot backs into it and takes a chunk out of the front bumper, then drives off. New front bumper to the tune of $1400

Grand Total for Curse Related Damage, 2010: $13'800

you're going to get killed on your insurance rates when you renew.

That's the part that scares me the most is when I see my new premiums in February. Hopefully I'll still be able to afford to drive. :facepalm:

2 accidents in one year (neither were my fault but that doesn't really figure into actuarial calculations)

I'm already getting raped on insurance... How does $4500/year for full coverage for a 2007 Impala and a spotless driving record sound? And that's down from what I was paying before on the Cobalt ($5800).

*cringe*

How does $4500/year for full coverage for a 2007 Impala and a spotless driving record sound?

Just another reason why I hate the idea of a newer car in my garage.

I'm paying $4,080 a year for FULL coverage on SIX cars. And, actually, it's less than that since 5 of them are on comprehensive only for ~5-6 months.................

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's different now" ... Conway Twitty ... 'Goodbye Time'