Person Who F-Bomb Tweet On Chrysler Apologizes

Person Who Wrote F-Bomb Tweet On Chrysler Apologizes

William Maley - Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

March 17, 2011

chrysler-hq-fence-auburn-hills-getty-580.jpg

Last week, we reported on Chrysler's F-Bomb tweet which cost a employee and New Media Strategies their jobs. Now, the person who wrote that tweet is speaking out. Scott Bartosiewicz, 28 was the person who wrote the now infamous tweet.

“I was late for a meeting (last Wednesday morning) and traffic was a little challenging that day. I ended up sending out a tweet and didn’t think another thing about it,” said Bartosiewicz.

The tweet which read: “I find it ironic that Detroit is known as the #motorcity and yet no one here knows how to f—ing drive.”

What Bartosiewicz didn't realize was he sent the tweet out from the @ChryslerAutos twitter account, not his personal one.

Within hours of the tweet going out, Bartosiewicz lost his dream job. A day after Bartosiewicz's firing, Chrysler decided not renew the contract of New Media Strategies.

“This brought a large amount of visibility to (Chrysler’s) brand and to their company that they didn’t want or ask for. And unfortunately somebody has to pay for that and I don’t think they can be blamed for that. (New Media Strategies) acted accordingly in doing what they did.”

Bartosiewicz blames an twitter application called TweetDeck which allows users to manage multiple twitter accounts. He tells WZYZ "he deleted the Chrysler account from the program, but somehow it still went out."

Bartosiewicz has now hired an attorney, Michael Dezsi who says he has a case.

“A simple web search shows a number of other users have encountered the same issues,” Dezsi said.

Bartosiewicz says he has learned a lesson after this experience.

"The lesson I've taken away was the power of social media and how much of an impact it has on everything we're doing."

Source: Detroit Free Press

Source: WXYZ

What the f@#k is that $h!?

Oops, the keyboard typed those obsessives on its own. GET ME A LAWYER I AM SUING LOGITECH.

Now that was f@#king funny!!! Ooops, sorry... :P

EDIT - apparently the "f@#king word filters" still work inside the quotes :lol:

Edited by ZL-1

What ever happened to personal responsibility?

What the f@#k is that $h!?

Oops, the keyboard typed those obsessives on its own. GET ME A LAWYER I AM SUING LOGITECH.

It's actually rather easy to post to the wrong account in Tweetdeck. I've done it a bunch of times.