Corvette Prototype?

SOLAR

update:

this is false information. a friend of mine actually experienced this, not me. and he asked me to post it for him. he told me today that the pictures were photoshopped and there never was a guy running. my apologies guys.

Edited by CSpec

Intriguing. If you did hear a supercharger, I'm thinking it could be a Blue Devil mule. Or it simply could be a Z06 modded by a regular owner. Some of our members more attuned to the world of spy photography may be able to shed some light on this.

At any rate, thanks for the photos and welcome to C&G. :)

I spotted this vette/z06? yesterday in south georgia off the highway behind a rest area in the parking lot. i took pictures because i tohught it was a normal Z06 but i looked at it and it was missing all the badges..i started snappin pictures and this guy sprints to the car hops in and takes off before i can take any more than 3 pictures. the last one is blurry, thats because i was taking a pic right as he was running past me. i tried to ask him if he modded it or what, but he didnt say a word and just left. anyways, as he hauled ass out of there..i heard a supercharger whine coming from the engine. well i hope some people can have some answers for me..this is the first place ive posted these. thanks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

thats not a z06... at least... it doesnt seem to have the right amount of wheel flair in the front fenders, it doesnt have the standard corvette's wheel flairs...

also the front bumper is missing the amber marker in front of the wheel..

here is the z06 we sold a week ago... Posted Image

Edited by Newbiewar

thats not a z06... at least... it doesnt seem to have the right amount of wheel flair in the front fenders, it doesnt have the standard corvette's wheel flairs...

also the front bumper is missing the amber marker in front of the wheel..

Damn good eye!!!!! Is is just me, or does it seem like there is not enough room for the marker to fit between the wheel opening and the front of the hood? Night be the angle, but that area looks shorter on the red one. I also see what you mean about the wheel flair, but that could be the angle.

No light? could they be testing new Carbon Fiber body panels? If the Blue Devil is to get to 2800 pound I would expect more CF panels.

I would think if it was a owner mod car he would have not run away and opened the hood. If you SC a Vette most will brag.

We sell parts to Callaway and Lingenfelter, neither do much to hide their cars. John when he was living even brought his first C5 turbo to our Christmas party and would talk all night about it. He loved his project cars and trucks. He is missed!

Makes the ZR1 look like a Geo Storm. Well... you know what I mean. :P