1963 Grand Prix in South Jersey

I was gonna say "beige strikes again!" with an ironic twist, but by the photos taken underwater, I really can't tell if it's beige or white... the interior appears to be that parchment color (I forget the official name, my '65 Corvair had Fawn interior, a very light tan with darker carpets). Car needs saved though, that much is a no-brainer.

Edited by ocnblu

I was gonna say "beige strikes again!" with an ironic twist, but by the photos taken underwater, I really can't tell if it's beige or white... the interior appears to be that parchment color (I forget the official name, my '65 Corvair had Fawn interior, a very light tan with darker carpets). Car needs saved though, that much is a no-brainer.

'60s Pontiac white interiors were almost always "Parchment".

There was a Yuma Beige for '63, but by looking at the chips, pretty sure this car is white.

'63 interior could be parchment or saddle, but this is not dark enuf to be saddle.

'60s Pontiac white interiors were almost always "Parchment".

There was a Yuma Beige for '63, but by looking at the chips, pretty sure this car is white.

'63 interior could be parchment or saddle, but this is not dark enuf to be saddle.

Its definitely a beige car, so I'd say Yuma Beige is the color. In person, its quite obviously beige and I would venture to say its original and has faded to its current "somewhat mistaken for white" lightness. Interior is Parchment. Car looked complete, but I didn't look under the hood, as nobody was around when I checked it out about 3 weeks ago.

Edit: According to http://www.oldride.com/library/1963_pontiac_grand_prix.html, there was no actual "Parchment", but it was called "light Fawn", and does have a touch of beige... which matches exactly what I saw in the car... I was afraid it was discolored by age, but I guess that not the case.

For a local car, I'm shocked that I've never seen it driving around... so I imagine its been garaged for a long time... I can only assume someone died and the heirs ripped it out of the garage to sell so they have a nice garaged place to put their new Camry. The car has been left outside for 2~3 months now, and the owners don't even bother to keep the windows up.

I saw similar treatment when a local (and old customer from my childhood plant selling years) I call "Mr. Begonia" passed away. The heirs took a mint, low mileage early '80s 442 Cutlass out of the garage and left it to rot in the field.

Edited by SAmadei

• 1 month later...

Car has been gone last few times I drove by. I assume someone bought it. Hope it got a good home, and not some idiot looking for an engine and a demo derby car.

I'll be watching for it to reappear when money starts filling my pockets again... hopefully it didn't go too far away.